1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door panel part removal?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Vincent, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Apr 10, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    Vincent

Vincent [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    I know how to take out the WHOLE door panel, but i was wondering if there is a way to take out the BLACKED out part of the door panel. tomorrow, im going to re-upholster it with a Pleather material.
    thanks guys.. i can't find any info/write ups on this.
    [​IMG]

2. Apr 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I am by NO MEANS an expert on 1st gens...but I would assume it'd be easier to just take the whole door panel off and reapholster from there. If it does come off in one piece, at least you'll know for the other side. I don't have any links for you either. All I have is my general opinion.

3. Apr 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    Vincent

Vincent [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vincent
    Granada Hills
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 2WD
    Exterior: Debadged, color matched White grill surround, Custom Mesh Grill,BHLM,Clear Corners,Tinted Tail lights Black/Clear/Black, Tinted 3rd Brake light 5%tint driver/passenger windows, Limo tint Rear and back windows Interior: Black Leather Door Panels Engine: Deckplate Mod Hayden Transmission Cooler Exhaust: DynoMax Muffler with 2.5 piping after cats Lighting: 6k Headlights,3k Fogs Wheels and Tires: MB Razors wrapped up in 265/70/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain KOs
    i've done that before and tried to pull it apart, all i experienced was it being glued down...i'll have a pics for you guys tomorrow after the install.. thanks!

4. Apr 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Sorry I couldn't me more help. But at least with regluing you're sure to get everything back better than before!

5. Apr 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Respect your elder gen.
    Pink slider.
    If the black part is glued down, I'm guessing the only way to get it off is to rip it off and then reglue it..

To Top