1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Rattles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kbp68, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Aug 6, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 [OP] hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    I like to drive with my windows open and only use the A/C when it's really hot but I have noticed that all the doors rattle with the power windows down. Closing them stops the rattle. Anyone else have this issue? Has anyone had the door panels off to tighten things up?

2. Aug 6, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    Do you have power windows or manual roll up?

3. Aug 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    If you are talking about the windows rattleing when they are say 1/4 -little more than 1/2 way down the window rattles. Have it on my '09. The drivers side does seem to make more noise though. Perhaps due to me being on that side. My ear that is.

4. Aug 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off Road 4x4 Barcelona Red
    A 2006 TRD DC obviously has power windows :p

I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to fix, it's easy as pie to take off the door panels.

5. Aug 6, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    I know it obviously does, it was a quick reply without looking and I thought he could have an older base model.

6. Aug 6, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 [OP] hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. Do the door panels just pop straight out or do they require one of those door panel pry tools? (I always managed to bust most of these off in my Fords & GMs)

7. Aug 6, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    alextdunn

alextdunn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    san Diego
    Vehicle:
    05, 4cly, base, Xtra cab, 5 lug lift
    ready lift 5 Lug lift, bed lights, 400 watt inverter, scan gauge II, AFE pro Dry s, second air filter removed
    I have manual windows on my 05 and i notice it a lot i try not to close the door with the window partially down. since it rattles even more but mine is only bad when it is all the way down

8. Aug 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    There is a loose 10 mm bolt or nut under the door panel.

The door panel just pops off once you remove a few screws. I think there is one behind the inner door handle, and a plastic plug towards the front of the door that one just push the center of it inwards about 1/4" and pull it out of the panel.

9. Aug 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    othater

othater Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal-Walnut
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport
    I can agree, Just fixed my rattle tightening one loose and the second nut was completely off. The nuts are for the window track. You might notice while rolling up or down your window. I added a little locktite to the threads before tightening.

Just a note to be careful pushing the triangular plastic piece that covers the corner of the insde mirror. I pushed hard and one of the the little inserts on the door push thru, so now I need to buy another one so it wont rattle in the future. You will know what I mean when you pull the door panel off.

To Top