1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double Cab Box..

Discussion in 'Mr Marv' started by ratch3t, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Jun 28, 2009 at 5:37 AM
    ratch3t

ratch3t [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MrMarv, I am looking to get a box built to fit behind the seats of my 02 double cab tacoma, and fit 2 10" Kicker CVT Shallow Mount subs, and if possible an amp as well..

Is this possible? I know I will have to shave the rear wall, and maybe move my rear seat forward a few inches, and remove the plastic backing on them, but I would really like to fit them cleanly behind my rear seat without giving up much room.

Can you do this or provide any advice? Thanks ;)

2. Jun 29, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies Dealer (www.hybrid-audio.com) ARC Audio amplifiers, subs, processors now available! Helix Processors now available! For you super high end guys Brax amplifiers will be available soon! (PICS HERE and new website coming soon with Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Wiring Kits)
    Anything is possible if you are willing to do some cutting :eek: however IN MY PERSONAL OPINION if you are going to do all that work I would consider a different choice in subwoofers :eek:

3. Jun 30, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    ratch3t

ratch3t [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    What subs are you suggesting? Also any pricing on such an enclosure?

4. Jun 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies Dealer (www.hybrid-audio.com) ARC Audio amplifiers, subs, processors now available! Helix Processors now available! For you super high end guys Brax amplifiers will be available soon! (PICS HERE and new website coming soon with Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Wiring Kits)
    Personally I would look into moving the seat forward a bit if possible and not cutting the brace across the rear wall. In any case I would need measurements after you determined the modifications in order to give you some suggestions on what subs would work for your specific application!

To Top