1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double Cab CBI Sliders fit an Access Cab?

Discussion in 'CBI Off-Road Fab' started by Watson18, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Sep 24, 2018 at 5:32 PM
    Watson18

Watson18 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I have a quick question that I hope someone can shed some light on for me. Will CBI bolt on sliders for 2005-15 Tacoma Double Cab short box also fit on a 2005 Access cab? I believe they both have 127 inch wheel base. I've emailed CBI twice and called them three times in the last week, but have not been able to get ahold of anyone. One Toyota dealer says the frame is different between the double cab and access cab and another dealer says the frames are the same. I've come across a set of sliders for a double cab short box at a good price, but they are a three hour drive away. I don't really want to drive that far to test fit them. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Sep 24, 2018 at 5:42 PM
    EvilTwin

EvilTwin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Orange, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma ACLB V6 4x4
    3" Supreme Suspensions lift w/ UCAs, Bilstein 5100s, Method 701s w/ Wildpeak Ats
    Can't say 100% on CBIs, though I can't imagine why they would be different, but having worked with other brands, sliders sized for a DC will not fit an AC, but sliders for an AC are the same for a RC. My coworker has a DC and I have an AC and I can tell you they require different length sliders.

*Edit* the DC has a wheel base that is about 13" longer than the AC, so a slider sized for a DC would probably run into the wheel well of a shorter model.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  3. May 3, 2019 at 3:01 PM
    jbrandt

jbrandt Made you look

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    El Dorado, CA (NOT El Dorado Hills)
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Tacoma 4x4 DC
    Kings, J59's Total Chaos UCAs Custom skids Sticker mod
    I know 100% the frames on the 1st gens for the double vs. extracab are the same. I always figured they were the same for the 2nd gens, too. But I guess it depends on if it's a long bed vs. short bed, too.

Just ask the seller the length, and measure what length you'd need.

To Top