1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

doug thorley long tube headers question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Joeymgd78, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Jughead

Jughead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco access cab
    AEM bruteforce cold air intake. doug thorley headers. flowmaster exhaust. HID kit heads and fogs. "Taco" badges. black vinyl roof. plastidipped grill and rear bumper and 3rd brakelight. headlight mod. 7" alpine touchscreen head unit. JL audio door components. 10" L7 kicker. custom interior. limo tint all the way around. 50% tint on whole windshield plus 5% sunstrip. pro comp leveling kit in front
    i have had the doug thorleys for like a couple years now and i love them. you will notice big gains in 3rd gear and up. i have the flowmaster and it does sound like bees in a coffe can. but only when my truck is cold. i am looking into the o2 sims because my cel has been on since i put the headers on. and going to upgrade my muffler. been thinking about straight pipes.

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    2009tacomav6

2009tacomav6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    phx AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    TRD SC TRD Cat Back KMC 17x9 Addicts
    In talking with a local shop they were relaying to me that headers will increase the temps under the hood there by wearing out gaskets and parts. Thoughts on that? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Not true.

4. Jul 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Jughead

Jughead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco access cab
    AEM bruteforce cold air intake. doug thorley headers. flowmaster exhaust. HID kit heads and fogs. "Taco" badges. black vinyl roof. plastidipped grill and rear bumper and 3rd brakelight. headlight mod. 7" alpine touchscreen head unit. JL audio door components. 10" L7 kicker. custom interior. limo tint all the way around. 50% tint on whole windshield plus 5% sunstrip. pro comp leveling kit in front
    ive never had any problems with heat.

5. Jul 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] ProEFI Pro128 EMS [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 170* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Aeromotive Stealth 340 LPH Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Compared to the factory iron log headers (05-08) that is completely incorrect. Less restriction equals less heat. Compared to the stamped steel and angle headers of the 09+ , they should still be a little cooler. A laser temp gun would really be able to tell you, if someone setup a side by side experiment.

To Top