1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Downsides to running sport springs with 5100's??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wmflyfisher, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Nov 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    wmflyfisher

wmflyfisher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    I'm about to purchase a set of 5100's and was wondering is there any downside to running a factory sport spring with the Bilsteins set to 2.5"?? No offroading what so ever.

How would I benefit from running an OME 885 with the Bilsteins vs the factory spring? Lift should be the same right?

2. Nov 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    david2011sr5

david2011sr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    take a guess
    MA/VT
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4
    afe pro dry, weather tech floor liners,5100's on all four corners@ 0, eibach 620 coils. toytec 3/4" spacer driver/s & passenger/s, rear spring tsb w/toytec 1" blocks, 4runner sport wheels, in channel vent visors, 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers on the front, Wet Okole's, smity tow hook.
    Seting 5100's on anything but the 0" setting puts pre-load on your coils. Pre-load=rougher ride. Puting a after market coil and setting 5100's @0
    Allows the coil to lift the truck=better ride/handling. With that said a lot of guys on here don't seem to mind the ride of the pre-loaded coils. the shocks in themself are a nice upgrade to the factory ones even with some pre-load. I had mine set @1.75" of lift and thought the ride was better than factory, but ended up putting aftermarket coils on for more lift and better handling.

3. Nov 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    Just stiff. It'll jar you real good on those deep potholes but if you don't off road I wouldn't see any issues

Products Discussed in

To Top