1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drakiv's HoneyBadger Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Drakivnsf, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Feb 19, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Upside down pics ????

2. Feb 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    Drakivnsf

Drakivnsf [OP] Dance Party Guru

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    '12 White Tacoma DCLB 4x4
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAI, BRP pre-axle catback, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, Power Sliding rear window, Glassworks Unlimited Front Fenders, ScS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17, 3" All-Pro Std Leafs, 2.0 Fox adj. res. shocks, 2.5 Fox res. Coilovers, All-Pro +2" LT kit, Timbren Bumpstops front and rear, All-Pro U-Bolt flip kit, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front bumper, RCI IFS Skid, RCI Sliders, more to come.....
    I'll fix them, it was my stupid phone.....ok they should be corrected now. Here are a couple more finished pics. Going to look goofy until I get my front bumper in May. Also there is no suspension on the truck just yet, I definitely need a cab mount chop. I will have plenty of pics for the install process and final pics of the suspension next week, I would say either Thursday or Friday next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  3. Feb 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    focotacoma

focotacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue 4x4 TRD off-road
    Im getting there......
    subscribed for 2.5 gen lt

4. Feb 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    happy

happy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB SR5 4x4 Silver Sky
    CBI Moab 2.0, 2.5" Radflo Coilovers, Light Racing UCA, Dakar Leaf Pack, 265/75 16 Kelly Safari TSR, Leer XR100
  5. Feb 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAI, BRP pre-axle catback, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, Power Sliding rear window, Glassworks Unlimited Front Fenders, ScS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17, 3" All-Pro Std Leafs, 2.0 Fox adj. res. shocks, 2.5 Fox res. Coilovers, All-Pro +2" LT kit, Timbren Bumpstops front and rear, All-Pro U-Bolt flip kit, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front bumper, RCI IFS Skid, RCI Sliders, more to come.....
    Just another update. My coilovers finally arrive tomorrow, so I am going to head down there around noon to pick them up. I'll throw up a couple pictures then. And on wednesday morning I am going to be tearing everything down and installing it all. I will start with the rear suspension first and then move on to the front. There will be lots of pictures going up either wednesday night or thursday morning so be on the lookout.

6. Feb 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    Geem750

Geem750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    Good choice on wheels! i just put mine on and they look sick (same color too)

7. Feb 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    So i finally got my coilovers. Im super excited, tomorrow the long travel is going on my truck!

[​IMG]

8. Feb 26, 2014 at 11:28 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    So I hit a snag installing the suspension. Got the rear on fine, and all finished there. I am now stuck on the cv axle inner spider. I may just take it somewhere to have them do it. Here is what I did today, I will try to get more pics later. I am so tired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Feb 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Ok, so after 3 days of problem after problem it's finally done. Unfortunately it was too late and dark when we finished so I will take pictures tomorrow. Until then, here is this picture. I'll explain a couple of the issues we had as well.

[​IMG]

10. Feb 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
  11. Mar 1, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    Geem750

Geem750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    damn, nice

12. Mar 1, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    So a little background on some issues that arose. The biggest issue we had was really the cv axles. So getting them off the truck was a pain. We had to really fight pulling it out of the hub. Then finally got it off the truck and we had issues getting the spider gear off. Finally got that off with a lot of cussing and hammer swings. Then came time for the fun part, the outter cv joint. Tried the pipe trick numerous times. Took it to a shop where they tried several things. Nothing worked. They ended up cutting the axle and pressing the end out of the cv joint. Everything went back together without a hitch. Then came time for getting the spindles back on and getting the upper control arms on.....wait what?! Oh nice the driver side control arm has no metal insert for the bushings on either side. Ok, called all pro and they had to overnight me the parts since he said he had none at the shop. Then I got them the next day and low and behold, they were for a lower control arm. So I called them back and luckily he said he had one :confused: So he must of been thinking I said lower control arm the day before. Anyways, I drove down and just swapped control arms with them. Finally got back and we started going to town putting everything back together. Then realized there were no bolts provided for the lower control arm ball joint to spinder adapter.....jesus I cant take this anymore. So we used the stock bolts, which are too long mind you, and just used spacers to torque them to spec. Ok, cool now we are good to go on that (which btw all of the bolt holes had too much powder coat and had to be dremeled out. We finally got everything back on and were finished. If I wanted to do this again, I will just pay someone to install it. I don't want to go through any of this again ever lol. Oh and btw, the truck was backed into a garage where the nose stuck out in the rain, couldnt close the garage for 3 days. It felt like a nightmare, but all is good now. I had a little mishap today that could have been very bad, but turned out ok. I was driving to work and everything felt fine right before I got on the freeway the brakes felt like they were grinding. I pulled into a gas station instead and found that a caliper bolt had fallen out on the passenger side. I had forgotten to torque the bolts on the caliper to the spindle and only hand tightened. I was so tired last night that I completely forgot about it since it was one of the last things I did. luckily it doesnt look like it caused any damage, and I already ordered a new bolt. Glad nothing bad happened, but I feel like a dope for letting that one slip. I will upload new pics when I get home from work for you guys :D

13. Mar 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    dad32509

dad32509 Thinking of something clever

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    5100's front and back, OME 885x's, LR UCA's, OMD rear springs, Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD, HVAC Green led's MOD, Blacked out bumper, Plastidip emblems, custom front tube bumper, 32" combo led bar, rigid duallys, otrattw switches, my own Satoshi grille, shorty antenna, Spyder LED halo headlights. csjumper2003 map/dome, 3rd brake, DTRL white/amber and parking LED's. Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Cab mount chop, sliders and rear light bar w/blitzpro 5LR dust light. Uniden CB, Magnaflow 18" exhaust, Rear tire carrier, sway bar removed, spidertrax 1.25" spacers, Wheelers 16" Alloys w/265/75r16 Goodyear DuraTracs
    shit! Fun times

14. Mar 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    stephen11ty7

stephen11ty7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Villa Park
    Vehicle:
    07 white taco
    Total Chaos 2" LT, Icon coilovers
    Yikes, that sounds like quite the story! It's depressing to hear these constant stories about All-Pro forgetting this or that when someone buys their products... They should hire someone to do QC and double check their stuff before sending it out. They'd start making more money to out weigh the costs of that new person eventually, when there aren't as many negative stories.

15. Mar 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Here we go as I promised :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Mar 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE: Sliders and IFS Skid should be arriving in a couple weeks. Last I talked to RCi I think when I started installing my LT kit he said it would be about a week before they shipped the long bed sliders. I did get my Smittybilt XRC8 winch, haven't even opened the box yet. I opted for the comp series, I heard good things about that one as long as you seal the solenoid box so moisture can't get in. I will probably get some in cab controls wired, then seal the box and relocate it under the hood for extra protection. But this wont be happening until around may when my front bumper gets finished. Anyways, thats the update for now. New caliper bolt and new hard line for the passenger side arrives tomorrow, and then I can finally drive it around and test out this suspension. :D

17. Mar 3, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Awesome build. Can't wait to see the bumper.

18. Mar 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    Reeeno403

Reeeno403 hammerdownson

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Not a Stocko Taco.
    As Stephen mentioned.....its a shame about allpro supplying the same old story and not the same old quality of work. Every Allpro LT kit I hear of there is always a hiccup during install. Always something missing or wrong. They make an alright product but the QC they have sure shoots them in the foot every time.

19. Mar 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    Drakivnsf

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    On a side note, does it look to anyone else like I need to rais the front a little to level it out? it does to me, just want to see what everyone elses thoughts were on that.

Thank you sir, me either lol

And I agree as well. It is a shame, because it's good product. And to be honest and fair Ryan at all pro did a great job trying to make it right and helping me out. And they did give me a free winch lock, which isnt a huge deal but they didn't have to do that.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  20. Mar 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    Great start on the build. When it comes to modding, unexpected things always pop up that will drive anyone nuts. I'm sub'ing to see how everything goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top