1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dremel Tool

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by TurfTaco, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    NotstockTRD

NotstockTRD TRD

Member:
    st louis
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner V6 with many mods..
    Shitloads
    I have had a greatneck 35 Piece rotary tool from autozone for about 4 years now... Only 20 bucks-and have used it alot for various projects... Worth every penny-comes with a 1 year warranty also

2. Jan 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Same here. I'll be using mine to put a third set of D-rings in my bed tomorrow.

3. Sep 21, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    i have a Mastercraft (I love Canadian Tire ) one with a bunch of atachments like 5 years ago, i use it quite often. Last project i used it on was to cut the letters of the Accord emblem on my car, it did great. Bought the whole set with Canadian Tire money too!!

4. Sep 22, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    Why do you guys not like the cordless...It has never failed me yet...

I used it to cut every bit of 60-70 rusty nails out of a wall in my barn a few weeks ago and it worked like a charm...Then on the same charge, it cut through 2 rusty chains. Went through a shit load of cut off wheels, but it used the same battery. It was drained by the time i was done, barely had enough juice to finish the last cut, but it made it. And there would have been no way to use electric up there without a generator. Would have took me hours with a hacksaw...

5. Sep 22, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    This thread was a year old....hahaha. But to be on topic, I have a Dremmel 4000. I love it and I seem to use it everyday.

6. Sep 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I have a Black&Decker rotary tool. It was about 1/2 the price of a "dremel." I bought it after my dremel took a shit. I have a whole case of "dremel" bits I use with it. My favorite bit is the drywall cutting bit...sure beats using a keyhole saw when cutting drywall. I also use it with a grinding wheel about every other week when sharpening my lawnmower blades.

7. Sep 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    using mine right now to grind down a bolt since i dont have a grinder near me to use its 45 minutes from where i am

8. Sep 23, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    zero4

zero4 Metal Cutter

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    SFV, CA
    Vehicle:
    01' DCab 3.4L TRD
    Donahoe CO, Donahoe Rear Resi, Deaver J59, 16" Pro Comp, 33" BFG AT, Hayden Trans Oil Cooler, Oil Filter Relocator, FM 40, ES Bushings, Beefed CB Drop, Deckplate, K&N Drop-In, DO Bed Bar, Cobra 75 WXST, Firestik Firefly, Philips D1R, Clarion Remote Start, Husky Liners
    My cordless gets used the most but the damn thing just does not have enough battery life. Quick & easy jobs is cool & the 1hr charger helps too. But mine is an old nicad model.

I got the 8200 cordless earlier this year when it came out. Now this one does have the power & battery life. No more worrying about a dead battery if it hasn't been used in a while (mine always get used) cause it also uses li-ion. Then again it is their largest cordelss model yet but now I never even think about using my corded ones anymore. It's like a cordless 4000.

Products Discussed in

To Top