1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drifting to the right

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Bamahoyt, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    Bamahoyt

Bamahoyt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    I just bought my truck on tuesday and I have noticed that my truck is drifting to the right pretty good and it is really getting on my nerves. There is no unusual tire wear at all. It will hold straight for about 2 seconds the Wooop there she goes to the right. Does it sound like allignment stuff or is there something else I can check and do myself. The tires were just rotated as well as new brakes/rotors 15k miles ago

2. May 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Have the alignment checked

3. May 2, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ^That

4. May 2, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Definately

5. May 4, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    rdmccart

rdmccart Member

Member:
    Panama City, Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Push bar, tool box, nerf bars
    I had the same problem with mine, and after talking with the front end shop it seems to be a common problem.
    Like everyone said before have the alignment checked, but take it to a shop you trust and one that will listen. Just because the computer says the wheels in line does not mean it will drive straight. Make who ever aligns it drive it with you and don't leave until they get it right, it took about 3 trips down the road with the mechanic before we got it right. and by right i mean driving straight

Products Discussed in

To Top