1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drive Shaft Diagnosis for 2nd Gens

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Apr 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    So for the past month I have been having weird squeaking coming from my drive line only in reverse. I would just wash my rear U joints and than grease them as best as I could and it would go away. Well, it came back today with slight popping in reverse & drive but this time it wouldn't go away so I ran my truck down to a shop nearby to get it checked out. They jacked the truck up and got the noises to repeat thankfully and they said that the noises were coming from every U joint and from the sound of it they all needed to be replaced. So thats where my truck is right now. :( But I would rather it be fixed and replaced than have them go out and have an even bigger problem like a torn up transmission tail. So if you guys start hearing squeaking that matches the revolution of the drive shaft spinning and even slight popping GO GET IT CHECKED OUT DON'T WAIT!

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    Yeah, my U joints were getting really bad. A lot of squeaking and vibes I didn't know about because they built up over time.

Got the replaced with u joints with grease fittings (because prerunners come with u joints with no zerks) and everything has been running smoothly ever since.

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    Ya I am looking forward to having the grease zerks

Products Discussed in

To Top