1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver's side door wont lock with key fob

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TheITguy, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    TheITguy

TheITguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport SR5
    Has anyone seen this before, i tried searching but couldn't find this exact issue.

When i press to lock my doors with my keyfob, all the doors attempt to lock they all do except the drivers side door. It slightly moves and attempts to lock but doesnt. When all the doors are locked it will unlock. The lock manually moves from the locked to unlock position without any issues, is it possible moisture is causing rust on a part and needs some wd40? or dirt? Is the door panel easy to remove to check , then put back in place?

Truck is a 2008 DC sport edition short bed.

2. Apr 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Sounds like a weak lock actuator to me. I haven't pulled the door panels off the Tacoma yet. Others have posted of door lock issues on here before, so I am sure someone has done it. The audio forum should have info on how to pull the doors apart.

3. Apr 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    charles08tacoma

charles08tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR-5 Access Cab
    White Snug Top shell
    My 08 Pre Runner driver door actuator had been acting up this past winter. When cold or wet outside, it worked intermittently, passenger door worked fine. I took the door panel off & noticed a bunch of crud on the actuator cable up by the door handle. I used my air compressor to blow off as much as I could & sprayed a cloth with WD40 to clean the exposed portion of the cable. I then sprayed white lithium grease at both ends of the cable, wiping off the excess when done. It's been problem free for a few months now.

4. Apr 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    My wife's Rav-4 has the same problem. It's the solonoid. The driver door solonoid for the RAV is $81.00 and it's a bitch to get to so screw that. The keys on my Tacoma only unlock the doors. They are worn out to the point that I have to lock the Taco with the switch. I guess I need to get some keys. Good luck.

To Top