1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver's side rear window won't work....any tips?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sucio Sanchez, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Jun 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    Sucio Sanchez

Sucio Sanchez [OP] Member

Member:
    In the middle
    Vehicle:
    I did a couple searches on this subject because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this happen but I couldn't find any threads that helped me out, so I apologize if there is a thread out there that discusses this.

2006 double cab. The rear window on the driver's side seems to be failing. It won't roll down consistently with the driver's door button or the button on that door. This morning the window went down fine but only went up about 4 inches real slowly and then stopped. It didn't matter which button I tried to make it roll up, nothing worked so I manually pulled the window up.

I haven't tried to fix any window problems but I've heard there is some kind of a relay switch in the driver's door as well as a relay switch in the problem door. Since this will be my first attempt at fixing something like this, can anyone give me some advice on what parts I need to inspect/replace and which door to dig in to first?

Thanks in advance, you guys are so helpful with Taco advice. I love this site.

2. Jun 7, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    sounds like the motor or something binding in the run channel

Products Discussed in

To Top