1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

driving blue ridge parkway

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by shortround67, May 10, 2012.

1. May 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    shortround67

shortround67 [OP] Member

Member:
    good afternoon Hey I am planning going to Virginia was wanting to drive the blue ridge parkway. I have a 2011 access cab prerunner with 6
    cylinder automatic no pulling package but I installed a transmission cooler. will be pulling a 17ft casita. weight loaded around 28 to 2900lbs. total weight around 7500 lbs. I was told that there are a lot of steep hill on that drive was wondering if anyone has driven it and what they think about my driving with this set up thanks for the help :confused:

2. May 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    lots of curves and lots of inclines/declines. I haven't driven the VA portion but have been on the NC portion several times. Not sure if it's similar terrain though.

3. May 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    Bamahoyt

Bamahoyt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    The VA section does not have as much elevation change or anything as the NC section, especially the southern/Middle NC section. I think you would be fine just pacing yourself. Just be ready to get honked at and yelled at for going under the speed limit. Have a blast if you do it. It is one of the most beautiful areas of the country IMO and truly a gift so enjoy. I lived there for 2 years so know it pretty well if you have any other ?'s

Products Discussed in

To Top