1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driving / Fog Lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by CasaTaco, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Mar 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM
    ImInLoveWithMyTruck

ImInLoveWithMyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did you use the wiring kit from the old fog lights? I bought the same ones and as you said they do not fit.

2. Mar 18, 2007 at 7:00 PM
    CasaTaco

CasaTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    That's exactly what I did. I was going to send back the 1st set of lamps that I bought off eBay but I went ahead and kept them in order to use the wiring harness. Kind of alot of money for a wiring harness but it looked much better made than what I found at the local parts stores and it worked out great. Had to modify it a little as the wire ends they supply are too big for the correct lamps but I just made a couple of temporary wire extenders which worked. Next week I'll check with the Toyota parts guys to see if I can buy a couple of the correct plug-in for the lamps. I checked with all the part stores but nobody sells them for these lamps. Some looked correct but were larger or wider.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Mar 20, 2007 at 9:26 PM
    smoknsal

smoknsal Member

Member:
    sorry for the delay guys, just got through aiming my sat dish and now can access the net. i travel a lot. i will download the pics tomorrow. again, sorry for the delay.

4. Apr 10, 2007 at 10:15 PM
    ayyoitsp

ayyoitsp Member

Member:
    CasaTaco - what was the problem with the lights you got off ebay? You said they were too small? Or did they not sit flush against the bumper? Do you know how wide the lamps you got were? I was going to try some 4" fog lights from the local auto store and see if those fit.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top