1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driving pet peeves

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KeithB, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Aug 2, 2019 at 1:19 PM
    aro

aro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR DCLB 4X4
    It was mentioned already, but it happens regularly and it's weird. Bunch of cars driving in the right lane to exit the freeway, all at the same speed, and I'm the last one. Nobody behind me.

Another car comes fast on the second lane, squeezes into my lane in front of me, and hits the brakes because (s)he was going too fast. I have to brake, sometimes hard. Then that car exits the freeway with the rest of us.

Why a f#$* didn't (s)he change the lane behind me, there was absolutely nobody there? There is nothing gained by cutting me off, maybe possibly a fender bender.

What about this novel idea: plan your exit in advance?

wilcam47 likes this.
  2. Aug 2, 2019 at 1:26 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Keep on keeping on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    Im impatient but I think of this commercial...

3. Aug 2, 2019 at 1:42 PM
    aro

aro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR DCLB 4X4
    Sometimes 3, sometimes you're lucky if 2 cars make it through.

That's very interesting. If it's really scientific, it explains a few things... I've noticed many times how women drivers react only to what's right in front of them. Almost like they pay less attention to the left and right lane (on a wide 3 lane street). It happens to guys too, but in my observations it's women a lot more often than men.

wilcam47 likes this.
  4. Aug 2, 2019 at 8:30 PM
    TacoHank1998

TacoHank1998 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 Green Tacoma Base
    98 in Walton county is the worst. 65 and they're doing 50.

Its Florida... what do you expect?!

And they just passed a law effective July 1st stating it's a fine now to drive with flashers or pull of to the side in heavy rain. Said too many unnecessary accidents occurred by this practice.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  5. Aug 3, 2019 at 10:45 AM
    CouchlessPotato

CouchlessPotato Handcuffed to steering wheels still won firefights

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Vehicle:
    You don't buy a truck for its fucking fenders!
    2.5" lift w/35's
    All the ones here stay red. I wish they had those yellow ones you're talking about, but sometimes you need the other side to be red before you can even go. And no 3 cars cannot go on red lol

6. Aug 3, 2019 at 10:52 AM
    mcm808

mcm808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    Kane’ohe, O’ahu
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen
    every single bmw and Audi driver. fuck em all.

7. Aug 5, 2019 at 4:31 AM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. Aug 5, 2019 at 4:34 AM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    It might just be because women tend to drive with the seat so far forward, they are only about 3 inches from the steering wheel. Sitting that close there is no room to move so you can look back at another lane.

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. Aug 8, 2019 at 8:15 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    Driver or passenger with foot out the window...

TomTwo likes this.
  10. Aug 9, 2019 at 3:33 PM
    czach

czach ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alameda, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tacoma TRD OR AT 4x2 DCSB
    Faux pro grille, hood bracket mounted ditch pods, gator trifold tonneau cover
    I have to deal with this every time I drive. It's the only way I can get off the island otherwise I have to make a pretty big detour.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem in their state but here bay area in California, I'm starting to notice a lot more people scraping the reflective paint off their license plates. You just know that someone is going to run a camera red light, pass through a toll and not get charged or a ticket.

11. Aug 9, 2019 at 3:41 PM
    czach

czach ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alameda, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tacoma TRD OR AT 4x2 DCSB
    Faux pro grille, hood bracket mounted ditch pods, gator trifold tonneau cover
    A guy I used to work with years ago did this while he was collecting water samples in a marshland and only had a pair of sneakers on and somehow only got one foot wet and drove home with his foot out the window. This guy was also 6'4" and drove a little corolla so the photos were pretty funny to look at.

wilcam47[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Aug 9, 2019 at 3:49 PM
    Doublecross

Doublecross Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    New york
    Vehicle:
    Work in progress
    ARE cap, wade inchannel vent visors, weathertec floor mats, ranch hand grill guard, tuffy security boxes in bed, lockable tailgate handle. Still have stuff that needs to be installed and still have stuff ordered lol.
    people who cut in front of you than slow down
    people who are too much in a hurry to wait on line and tries to get to front of line than cut in almost causing accident and slowing down everyone else
    people who who are in middle lane or left lane than cut in front of everyone to get the exit on right
    people not stopping for stop signs or yield signs
    people who get on left of you when u stop at red light than light turns green and they take off and cut in front of you.
    people who almost hit you than yell and curse like its your fault.
    ohh ny drivers nowadays you would think they got their drivers license from gumball machine.

TomTwo likes this.
  13. Aug 9, 2019 at 4:28 PM
    aro

aro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR DCLB 4X4
    I saw a car yesterday morning and one this morning running a red light, a solid two seconds after the light turned red. They passed through the intersection milliseconds before the other cars entered the intersection.

One car was a Volvo, one a Lexus. Upper middle class in South OC late for work... so red light be damned.

14. Aug 9, 2019 at 4:38 PM
    aro

aro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR DCLB 4X4
    This morning an ambulance was coming from behind. A black Nissan didn't want to pull over because he wanted to make a left. The ambulance was behind him, lights, siren, honking... and nothing. The Nissan wasn't in a hurry at all. He made a left and only then was the ambulance able to take off.

15. Aug 9, 2019 at 5:43 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    I guess with age we mellow over the STUPID F@#KS that drive the roads with us...:p

Yesterday, a nice Douche canoe is running his phone minutes up and realizes he is 2 lanes over for a right turn; swings his car aggressively towards my "safe space" NOT.... gets all pissy and tries a swerve to bump move :rofl::rofl::rofl: about $hit when I didn't move :D then falls into line ,horn blaring and lights a flashing.....I politely BRAKE checked him---HARD....we enter the on ramp and he tries Nascar :burnrubber:… not going to work with this Old Man.... as we merge onto I-75 he goes by and was probably going to do something STUPID o_O but saw my phone in hand ; recording for future events :boink:

The NEWEST trend on the I-75 race track is collecting lane changes just to be 1st in line..... These fools get pissed when the far left is NOT GOING 90+ and start the "sway"...…

Today my GPS told me of a "police event" 2 miles up and my cruise control dropped back to 74 MPH, next thing we see is a blue Benz "just a swaying" until he reaches a Semi at 68, me at 74 and the outside lane just a bit faster... This lil $hit flashes his lights at me :rofl::rofl:...I of course speed up...NOT dropped to 72 and watched a tantrum start..... my neighbor in the next lane sees "the show" and signals me to move over into the 3rd lane BUT traps Benz where he is :devil:... we both SMILE :) when Benz' makes a break for it.....right in front of a Trooper....Red and Blue lights reflect nicely off Blue Benz's :fistbump:

Enough Venting, we are not even "In season" yet... these are all locals :annoyed::argue: :hattip:

wilcam47 likes this.
  16. Aug 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    I've had similar, I was going the speed limit in the right lane some lady thinks Im going too slow, blast past me in the 2nd lane, right by a Police car that is merging onto the freeway...:rofl:I think i honked and waved as I went by....

Speaking of season, wait till it starts rainging a lot, then snowflakes start flying...people literally forget how to drive...

17. Aug 9, 2019 at 6:07 PM
    Bleep100

Bleep100 TOYOTA 4 LIFE

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 Sport
    I hate when I spill my beer when I'm driving like an idiot because some dumb bastard pissed me off .

18. Aug 9, 2019 at 6:10 PM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
    Shit Happens :annoyed: :cheers:

19. Aug 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    tacom08

tacom08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    08 DCSB 2WD Rugged Trail Edition
    Flowmaster Super 10, K&N CAI, bumpers, LED taillights
    People who drive with their low beam lights on ALL the time. It will be a nice and sunny day out here and people will STILL do this. Why not just use your DRLs/autos/keep them off like the rest of us? Even more annoying with modern headlights that are insanely bright.

20. Aug 15, 2019 at 4:26 AM
    ralfnjan

ralfnjan Well-Known Member

Member:
    I do it to bee seen. The tail lights are on too, not like DRLs that are piddly little glow in the front only. Some DRLs are hardly noticable.

Products Discussed in

To Top