1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driving pet peeves

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KeithB, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Oct 7, 2021 at 10:21 AM
    TacoTyusday

TacoTyusday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tacoma TRD Baja
    I have the reverse problem...people who ride the shoulder of a merge way past the lane merging just to get ahead a few cars in traffic

Another personal favorite (read: deep hate) is the fake turn. Where people throw their blinker on, drive up the turn lane, then cut back in at the last second. Sometimes it's genuine error, but most of the time you can tell they're just impatient scumbags

2. Oct 7, 2021 at 1:16 PM
    AmherstAndy

AmherstAndy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2003 2.7L 5 speed, 4x4 J shift, Xtracab
    The shoulder maneuver is one that cops are sometimes monitoring and enforcing, so there is potential for some satisfaction from time to time. As much as I understand the temptation to "teach a lesson", I remind myself that it's reckless to escalate these things, and someone could actually be having an emergency (most are just assholes, though).

3. Oct 7, 2021 at 2:36 PM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I don't really ever enforce it myself tbh. Just shake a fist and carry on with my day.

Though one time I did have a fun encounter with some entitled lady in a large SUV. I was already well past the merge, and saw her riding the shoulder to get ahead. She figured I would be a good victim, and tried to cut ahead of me. I didn't let her...eventually she was right next to me in the shoulder with her window rolled down screaming at me. I stayed the course, and she eventually got behind me to lay on the horn for a solid 30 seconds straight. I just laughed.

If it's a real emergency, IMO someone would ride the shoulder all the way with their blinkers on, or just not try to cut in. She was furious, and I found it hilarious.

Yetimetchkangmi likes this.
  4. Oct 7, 2021 at 6:22 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Yup..annoys me when someone in front of me does this not thinking about those behind them too. I'm all for being polite but don't do it when you have traffic behind.

5. Oct 8, 2021 at 6:14 AM
    BasicallyTaco

BasicallyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma SR5 2WD silver, "basic little truck"
    Thought of another one.

Folks that use a decel/turn lane to go around a vehicle stopped, with a blinker on, waiting to make a left hand turn. I got pulled over by State Patrol when I was in my teens for doing this. Luckily, the officer was nice and just gave me a lecture and a warning. It has stuck with me ever since.

Also, people that use a decel/turn lane to go around a speed hump/bump. I have one particular place I drive on a daily and people regularly drive into the turn lane, looking as though they are about to turn right into the neighborhood, but then accel and merge back onto the road. I have to make a left into the neighborhood road so I never know if I turn, if I'm gonna get T-Boned or not because these fuckers can't slow down a little and go over the speed bump. Hardly anyone uses their blinker around here anymore so it's just a guessing game as to what their actual intentions are. I wish the county PD would sit and watch there because they would hit their quota in 1 day.

6. Jan 19, 2022 at 8:24 PM
    Cudgel

Cudgel “Tonka”

Member:
    Live in: An Ocean of Plastic Trash
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCLB
    ICON8 Lift -285s. upTOPoverland rack.
    Fucking pussies who can’t navigate rotaries. We have a 5 way double lane you gotta play chicken rotary nearby. On the day both my kids got their permits I made them navigate it a dozen times at rush hour by teaching them how to read the traffic and roll into the openings safely. I’m talking Boston drivers. If a 16 year old new driver can learn this in 20 minutes so can all the stupid fucks with a license.

7. Mar 18, 2022 at 10:58 AM
    15yrstacoma

15yrstacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ed
    Vehicle:
    22 sr blk
    none
    Hands down,idiots on cell phones.

JGO, Yetimetchkangmi and Thatbassguy like this.
  8. Mar 18, 2022 at 11:12 AM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    I just got tapped by someone on their phone behind me in traffic yesterday. She was in a bright yellow BMW M5, my steel bumper (lifted) peeled back the corner of her hood like a can of tuna.

Pulled over and offered to exchange info but could tell she didn't want to for obviously being at fault, so I let it go. Gonna cost her good $ to fix that mistake, I just had to brush yellow paint off the corner of my bumper.

9. Mar 18, 2022 at 11:48 AM
    kuruma1

kuruma1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Around by me I find that there is a wider variety of speeds people drive compared to where I grew up. I'm used to most folks going speed limit and 5 or 10 over. Here people drive 10 over, but the next guy is 10 under. Or 15 under. And they might go your speed if you pull up along side to pass. Then they won't signal when they turn. People are all over the place. We got 85mph tollways people drive 65 on. And they paid extra for the privilege!!

Another pet peeve is folks that make a mistake and suddenly it's everyone else's problem. They miss a turn so they stop the flow and wait to turn mid stream. Or they want to make a left at a crappy spot so now they start blocking traffic as they inch across.

Then there's the special one that will cut you off when there's nobody behind you. Like they will risk a crash rather than be last.

10. Mar 18, 2022 at 11:52 AM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    if it weren't for the 85mph tollways you mentioned, I'd think you were talking about California cuz that sounds like my driving experience every time I take the truck out.

11. Mar 25, 2022 at 10:37 AM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Recently for me it's been these drivers that roll right out of a side street in front of me without stopping at their stop sign (and nobody behind me either) so that I have to break hard so as not to hit them. Then they proceed to drive like 10 under the speed limit in front of me. It's like damn, if your in such a rush that you can't stop and wait for me to pass, then let's go already. These people deserve to get hit. So oblivious to the world around them.

Thatbassguy and kuruma1 like this.
  12. Mar 25, 2022 at 8:23 PM
    willd0ugh

willd0ugh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement TRD OR DCSB
    Brake checking, especially if they speed around you to do it. The hypocrisy of being angry that youre being slowed down, to then get in front of someone to do the same

Yetimetchkangmi and Thatbassguy like this.
  13. Mar 25, 2022 at 9:03 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Fucking hate that first part, someone did that to me the other day around the corner from my house, then waved at me when I beeped. What a true asshole

Thatbassguy likes this.
  14. Mar 25, 2022 at 9:16 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    When people are hotboxing cigarettes on nice days and the smoke is rolling in my truck when my windows are down and I'm enjoying fresh Idaho air.
    Note - I could give a fuck if you smoke. Smoke it up fool and die of cancer, I don't care, just not around me.

Thatbassguy likes this.
  15. May 18, 2022 at 7:26 PM
    Cudgel

Cudgel “Tonka”

Member:
    Live in: An Ocean of Plastic Trash
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCLB
    ICON8 Lift -285s. upTOPoverland rack.
    Fucking idiots that buy a taco and complain about driving it. Did you marry your wife without fucking her first?

16. May 21, 2022 at 5:10 AM
    Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell No Pants

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 2.7L/5MT AC Utility 4X4
    The idiot who waits until the last 10ft to get into a turning lane leaving the ass end of their vehicle sticking out and blocking the through lane.

Also when there is a turning lane painted into a center lane and people can't make themselves go over the painted line and end up blocking the through lane. Stupid!

wilcam47 likes this.
  17. May 21, 2022 at 7:42 AM
    JGO

JGO Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '14, 4 Cyl, A/T, Silver A/C
    Hurries to makes a right turn on red and goes ten miles an hour for a quarter mile.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  18. May 21, 2022 at 9:13 AM
    mtn geezer

mtn geezer Member

Member:
    hendersonville nc
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner trd 2wd
    new bumper, backup cam, refinishing rims
    here in western north carolina they say that if you see a car with turn signal blinking it was probably "on" when they bought the car. so you don't trust them, on or off. other thing is people who think the yellow center line is a guide, so they straddle it. tailgating is also very popular. all the other complaints are valid here, as well as Florida drivers who exhibit all of the above

19. May 21, 2022 at 9:31 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Keep on keeping on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    Old bag turns out in front of me on main street/highway going about 15mph, Instead of getting on the gas and going posted speed, then of course is turning right on the same street im going on. Then tries to brake check me as shes turning off to fast food place. I laid on the horn.

ToyoTaco25 and Thatbassguy like this.
  20. May 21, 2022 at 11:25 AM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    I hate when people turn into traffic from a stop, with more than one lane to choose from, and inevitably decide to pull right into the lane with a fast oncoming vehicle so you have to lay on the brakes. Then they act all pissed like they had the right of way

Products Discussed in

To Top