1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drop Away vs Whisker Biscuit Arrow rest?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by robin8885, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Aug 23, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    robin8885

robin8885 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry A. Haley
    Vehicle:
    Honda Civic
    Honda
    Hi,
    I have developed a paranoid fear of bow failure.. I think it developed when i was hunting with trad gear.. My goal then was to make things as simple as i can with no possibility of failure.. This has led me to being afraid of drop aways (and also mechanical broadheads).. I have had them b4 but have a whisker biscuit on my spyder 30 and it shoots great.. I want to set up my new factor turbo to be super accurate out to 100 yards tho..(i am grouping about a paper plate at 100 with my spyder 30) And i feel like i could maybe get a little better flight out of a drop away.. so what do you guys think?? I am thinking maybe a QAD or keeping the biscuit...https://hunthacks.com/best-arrow-rest/

[​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. Aug 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    ekron

ekron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Emily
    Long Island, New York
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4
    Toytec/Boss Coilovers, Icon 2.0 with AAL in the rear. General Grabber A/T 2 ARB front bumper
    I've had both a whisker biscuit and currently have a QAD. I shoot pretty consistently throughout the year and have never had one fail. My roommate has an older QAD, which is what made me go that route. He hasn't had any trouble with his. He isn't one to keep his bow in a case after each use either. I went with the HDX model since my guy gave me a good price on it, but from what I gather even their "lower end" models work just as great.

I can't speak for the accuracy aspect, since I changed/upgraded my whole set up at once which led me to fine tune it all at once.

3. Aug 26, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Keep on keeping on!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bourbon state
    I like rip cord drop away rest. Its super quiet and works great. I dont like whisker bisquits. They tend make noise when drawing an arrow so I just stay a way from them.

Products Discussed in

To Top