1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dry cured ham

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by vbibi, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Dec 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM
    vbibi

vbibi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    Just returned from Barcelona Spain and can't take of my mind the test of dry cured meats they are famous in Catalonia. Every since I studied, and I think I want to try to make a Coppa ham. The only problem I have now, I can't find a pork shoulder butt and get my self the Coppa muscle I need. I have the casing, the curing salt #2, the elastic net for hanging, everything, except the main ingredient. Do you guys know where to get such thing in SF bay area. I made a few phone calls and nobody has the shoulder butt. I found a Boston butt which is cut to short and lacks the upper part I need for my project. In this respect I wish I was from New York, Chicago etc.

2. Dec 24, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    obscurotron

obscurotron Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    Too many to list, and I've probably forgotten a bunch.
    Did you try Olivier's in San Francisco?

3. Dec 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    vbibi

vbibi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    I will first think Monday morning, thanks

4. Dec 24, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    You could try contacting a Pork farm. Try getting meat from a Berkshire hog. Berkshire hogs have a natural buttery flavor to the meat. There is a farm in Minnesota that will ship. I can't remember the name.

Products Discussed in

To Top