1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DTRL-Fog Lights

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomaman04, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Aug 15, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    tacomaman04

tacomaman04 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    prerunner SR5
    volant CAI helix throttle body spacer Westin Black Bull Bar Kc Slimlites130watt long range Black out Taillight Mod Flat Black Rims Flat Black Emblems Two 10' Kenwoods 1200Watt Alpine Amp Surround Black grill Flat Black Front and Rear Bumper
    If I cut the two wires from the blinkers, and cut the two wires from the dtrl light and re wire them switch do you think it will still work?

2. Aug 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
  3. Aug 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM
    tacomaman04

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    prerunner SR5
    volant CAI helix throttle body spacer Westin Black Bull Bar Kc Slimlites130watt long range Black out Taillight Mod Flat Black Rims Flat Black Emblems Two 10' Kenwoods 1200Watt Alpine Amp Surround Black grill Flat Black Front and Rear Bumper
    Thanks for the help everyone... I got it

4. Aug 16, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    The writeup to which you were referred is for 2005+ Tacomas. They're wired differently than yours (assuming the "-04" in your username and the posting in the 1st Gen forum means yours is pre-2005).

5. Aug 16, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    Robbsolid

Robbsolid Zombie Killer

Member:
    ABQ, N.M.
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SuperWhite DBL Cab
    Plastic X'd Flares, deck plate mod, Thrush welded muffler, graphite painted wheels, relocated turn signals, fogs in bumper
    Its easy, just follow this

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/tacoma_turn_signal/

the only thing you will do differently is cut the green wire on the turn signals(on the bottom) but leave enough coming off to attached another wire. I used 18 gauge wire and extended the wire for the turn signals up to the new socket. Then, you use a tap splice(it make one wire go into two) for the DRL side markers, one of the tapped wires goes to the new socket, and the other goes down and connects with the turn signal socket ( to the piece you left just long enough to connect to) and done. thats really how i did mine, this way you dont get the hyper blink. if you do it the way you want, youll get the hyper blink.

6. Aug 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    tacomaman04

Member:
    tx
    Vehicle:
    prerunner SR5
    Yes, I have a 2004 and I did the mod thanks

To Top