1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DTRL to properly use both filaments and add markers in the mix.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by caribe makaira, Apr 30, 2011.

1. caribe makaira

caribe makaira [OP] Lurker No More

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
  2. Tacokevin

Tacokevin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    Kenwood Excelon DNX9960, Hertz speakers, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, 3" Toytec Bilstien 5100 coilovers, LR UCA, Diff Drop, Rear AAL Bilstien 5100's, XD Series Bully Wheels, 285/74R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yellow fog lights w/ anytime mod to FJ oem switch, DTRL custom mod w/Switchback LED and stealth switch, Smoked Headlights, Wired Streamlight Rechargable LED flashlight, Color matched grill, Color matched power mirrors w/oem switch, Heated Murth Bicolor signal mirrors w/Highlander oem heater switch, URD short shifter
    this is what ive been trying to figure out....i dont know if you put in the oem dtrl flasher and jumper or not?....but i think its going to be easier not to use it.....i have been playing around with a switchback LED i got the extra wires for the socket, but havent figured the best place to hook it up to. Im thinking to take out the DTRL flasher, use the switchback bulb and hook up the third wire( the white LED) to ignition power source? what do yeah think?

3. Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    Kenwood Excelon DNX9960, Hertz speakers, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, 3" Toytec Bilstien 5100 coilovers, LR UCA, Diff Drop, Rear AAL Bilstien 5100's, XD Series Bully Wheels, 285/74R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yellow fog lights w/ anytime mod to FJ oem switch, DTRL custom mod w/Switchback LED and stealth switch, Smoked Headlights, Wired Streamlight Rechargable LED flashlight, Color matched grill, Color matched power mirrors w/oem switch, Heated Murth Bicolor signal mirrors w/Highlander oem heater switch, URD short shifter
  4. Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    well as far as i see the dtrl signal must be in the body ecu/flash, because only one wire coming out and going to the bulb socket....so unless you see a way of seperating the flasher signal and the dtrl signal out of the oem wiring....only thing i see is to go back to the stock flasher, hook up a relay off of a power source that only comes on with truck running, get a stock fog light switch and use that as an on/off

5. Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    cause im using the led bulb...going to get LED flasher so dont have to use a resistor to stop hyper flashing.

they are on all the time after you take the parking brake off anyways so not operating any different really...just white will be on not amber...

6. Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    So I finally did the wiring..I got an LED flasher and replaced the dtrl one took off harness and reinstalled jumper on body ecu. I hooked up a relay, Common to accessory powersource(piggy backed fuse in drivers side fuse box) hooked up Normally Closed to the third wire on turn signal. I also used a OEM fog light switch to turn off by breaking the acc power source to Common terminal. Then I grounded the coil and hooked up othe rside of coil to terminal 3 of the headlight relay. So when key is in acc and the switch is on and the headlights aren't on the third wire has power (I'm using switchback led so dtrl is white) is blinker comes on it blinks amber. If turn on parking lights, then parking lights and white light are on. If put on head lights then marker and headlights only. Works just like it should. Only difference from stock is the parking break would turn them on my way it doesn't

7. Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    This is how i wired the DTRL w/ stealth switch. The DTRL turn on with key in acc or on....and turn off when headlights are put on.....I used an Amber/White switchback...white is the DTRL, Amber is flasher....here is a diagram of the wiring and pictures of the relay tapped into..

Attached Files:

To Top