1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dual amp wiring help?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by LonghornTaco, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:08 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Guys (and gals), I need some help wiring up my two amps. I have two Pioneer 4200s and a Rockford Fosgate dual amp wiring kit. Most of the parts I have figured out, but I'm a little confused with these...

Left is the 4G ground wire, but I'm not sure where to hook it up...

I'm assuming the top wires top right are the 8G power split to the two amps, but they're different colors...

And I believe it was a mistake, but I have two distribution blocks. I only need one, right?
    [​IMG]

Here's the 8G out of the distro block. Two are for the two power leads to the amps, but what is the third for? Is this also a mistake? Should this only have two outs instead of three?
    [​IMG]

This is the 4G in from the battery on the distro block. Just for size reference...
    [​IMG]

2. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:26 AM
    lsocoee

lsocoee My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    You can use one distro block to combine the 2 ground and then run the big ground wire to grounded spot (like under a seat belt bolt, but make sure to sand the paint down a little bit first.) The top two wires are two different colors because the black is for a ground and the red is for the power. You will need to cut those in the appropriate lengths.

Having an open port in the distro block will eventually come in handy. You could use it for new accessories further down the line.

3. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:31 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Ah, I see! I'm following you now!

Thanks man! :)

To Top