1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dual Exhaust tips (with pics)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TAC1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Dec 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    jeffallen29

jeffallen29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    northeast Tennessee

If that was my truck I would have laughed at the muffler shop that done the install told them to rip that Shyt off and do it right.IMO the way that guy T'd off your factory pipe is the half assed way to do a dual exhaust setup.So when you start up your truck 98% of the exhaust goes out the pass side pipe and the other 2% goes out the drivers side.I knowyou just had it done for looks but IMO If it was my truck I would have wanted a Y pipe after the stock muffler this would be the right way to do the job.Just as long as YOU are happy with it tho is what matters most.:D

2. Dec 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    TAC1

TAC1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tac1
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB O/R 4WD
    You are right jeffallen29. To be fair to the shop he did say that I can take it back but I left it as is & focused on other things with the truck & since it's not noticeable unless you are under the truck I just let it slide. You are right though. It will definitely flow better. Hey, maybe I'll pay him a visit soon.

taczilla, you are welcome! Please post some pics once it's done. Oh, & SPECIFY BEFOREHAND that you want a Y-pipe!
    :D

Products Discussed in

To Top