1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dual JL Audio 8's & Enclosure

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Redhed, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jun 30, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    Redhed

Redhed [OP] Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!! Please remove posting.

Yes, it's still available. So, this box has been listed for a little while now, with lots of interest but no buyers. I really didn't want to have to resort to tackey sell tactics but I really would like to sell this soon. So here goes nothing.
    Gentlemen, (or gentleladies), Now is your chance to seize the deal of a lifetime! Yes you, I'm talking to you! What would you say if I told you this sub box setup used to belong to someone famous? Who you might ask? Well, we all know that Tacoma's are the tuffest, most bada@@iest "compact" trucks to ever inhabit the earth! And who better to drive such a beast of a truck than the baddest, most kickass-iest lawman of all time? Yes, of course I'm talking about the one and only Walker, Texas Ranger. Aka "Charles Norris", aka "Chuck Norris", aka "The Allmighty", you know who I'm talking about! They say when Chuck does a pushup, he 's actually pushing the Earth down. And that the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan when they're storming the beach, are loosley based on a game of dodgeball Chuck Norris played in gradeschool. Yeah, what if I told you this setup belonged to the Chuck! He rolled all around Texas busting bad dudes and cranking the tunes. You now have the chance to own a part of Walker memoriablia personally used by Chuck, by purchasing this, from me. How, you may be asking yourself, did I ever get my hands on something from THE Walker Texas Ranger? Well, the answer is, he's my father. My mom couldn't resist his ginger swagger. Anyway, this is a nice box, surely someone is in need of upgrading their system. This is a great start. Chuck Norris Aproved! Come on guys................... Let the bidding wars begin!!!!!

P.S. Before all of you go correcting me by saying, But Paul, everybody knows Walker Texas Ranger drove a Ram in the series, not a Tacoma!! Well, he only drove a Ram because that's who was sponsering the series. Once the director yelled cut for the day, what do you think old Chucky drove back to his trailer? You're damn right, he drove a Tacoma!

[​IMG]

Still Available. Price Drop. Time to sell my dual 8" sub box with JL subs installed. This is a professionally built and carpeted enclosure that I bought off of a fellow TW member about a year ago. There's nothing wrong with them and the enclosure fits 2005-2009, doublecab Tacoma's behind the rear passenger seat. This is a sealed enclosure that fits nice and tight, no bouncing around behind the seat. The bass is tight and punchy, and the box was built specifically for these subs. Asking $150.00 for the box with the two JL subs installed. I'm not against shipping (on buyers dime) but would perfer local Oklahoma City area pickup. I am willing to ship or drive a bit for the sale. If you've been considering a stereo upgrade and are looking for a little bump on the cheap, this is the way to go. If you're local, I'll even help you with the install. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks. :)

Here's a photo installed, more photos on page 2.

EDIT: Many have asked so I figured I'd add, I was running an Alpine Vpower Digital mono amp, pushing about 450w RMS to these. Yes they definetly still have life in them, but no I'm sorry I do not know what model sub they are. As far as I know, since I bought them off another member about a year ago, they're about 2-1/2 years young, and still bumpin' The box is a custom built, sealed enclosure, made of high quality MDO or MDF (unsure) NOT cheap plywood. As TexasIslandBoy (post #14) can attest, the original owner paid way more than 150.00 for this setup before I bought it off of him for 250.00 a year ago and it is a very well built enclosure. I'm asking $150.00 plus shipping, which seems to be averaging about $40.00 bucks. It will weight 35 pounds all boxed up and it's shipping from 73013 but I can still look up the shipping charges for you if you give me your zip code. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

2. Jul 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    Anybody? This is a real nice way to add some punch to your system. :(

Bump.

3. Jul 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Bump? :confused:

4. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Bump for price drop and I'm definetly going to sell, no more feeler.

5. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Shipping to 23452 business?

6. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    tacobox

tacobox Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

Member:
    Its these kinda items that make me wish I would've gotten a DC. Killer price GLWS

7. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    I need to weight it tonight but I'll definetly let you know. I can ship out of my work with just about any company. I'll PM you.

8. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Thanks.

9. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    bulldog273

bulldog273 Active Member

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro Baja
    Shipping to 64153?

10. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Ill Pm you as well. Thanks.

11. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP

^^^ Sorry, I meant to attach your message above. I'll PM you tonight.

12. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    emanb115

emanb115 Taco Luvr

Member:
    SoCAL - Orange County
    Vehicle:
    07 Black Debadged TRDSport
    current cosmetics: Debadged Smoked Taillights TRex eyelids LuminX Yellow fogs Engine: K&N Intake System JBA cat back exhaust from URD
    if no takers could you also send me a shipping quote to 92802; thanks

13. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    No problem. It's fairly heavy, I want to say around 40, 50 pounds but I'm not positive. I will check for sure tonight and PM you as well. Thanks for the interest. :)

14. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    this was my buddies system I went with him to get it and I know he paid alot me than 150$ i think it was like 4x that this is a good deal and the box was build really well!

15. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    mudthedoor

mudthedoor Sconnie

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Forestville, WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    Im very interested! could you get shipping estimate to 54213?

16. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    bulldog273

bulldog273 Active Member

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro Baja
    Sounds good, thanks.

17. Aug 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Thanks buddy. This was originally thekidcatcher's box. It has served me well but I just bought a different sub and enclosure so it's time to let it go. :)

18. Aug 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Will do. Thanks for your interest.

19. Aug 19, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    yep it sounded very nice and was never played hard

20. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    Redhed

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Just PM'ed everyone. If 2005Techoma doesn't want it, bulldog273 is next, then emanb115, then mudthedoor. Thanks for all the interest guys. I can box it up and ship Monday at the earliest, all shipping prices were UPS ground. I can tell whoever buys how long before they receive but I think it looked like it should get to all of you before friday next week, as long as I ship on Monday. Please PM me with any other questions, or e-mail me direct at getav82@yahoo.com

Thanks guys, I hope one of you pull the trigger. Ill be happy knowing that it will live on in a fellow TW's ride. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top