1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dunlop Tires on the Double Cab TRD Opinion

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by deer_pop, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Dec 13, 2007 at 3:45 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    My .02

I'm in almost the same boat as you. I have 6,500 miles on my Dunlop 245/75/16's. I, unlike others here have not had any slipping problems with mine and actually feel like they are pretty quiet and decent traction. I live in SC with no snow so take that into consideration also.

But, I lifted the tuck so now they look way too small. I ordered (they came in yesterday) a set of Michelin LTX M/S 265/75/16's. My confustion is whether to wait or just do it now.

Someone above said that discount tire (where I bought the LTX's) bought theirs back for $45 each! That's great and I'm not sure if they did that before or after.

I will probably change mine out sooner rather than later because of the appearance of my pizza cutters, but if I had no lift the decision would have been much harder.

2. Dec 13, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I trashed the Dunlops like everyone else, but I must say that when roads were dry, the tires were quite and had good traction. Tires really show there worth when the going gets tough, rain soaked highways, secondary roads, or snow and ice. The latter needs a special tire, but not everyone subscribes to that reasoning. The other conditions should be handled by all factory tires, a case in which I feel the Dunlops could not. Just my .02 :D

3. Dec 15, 2007 at 12:28 PM
    deer_pop

deer_pop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD 6 Speed Manual Speedway Blue
    None yet

I have the Michelin LTX M/S on my wife's RAV4. They are an awesome tire. I plan on going with these on the Tacoma but I really like the look of the KOs...tough call. I don't think I can really go wrong with either. It will probably boil down to pricing. Like everything else in life eh!!!!

4. Dec 18, 2007 at 2:17 PM
    MKW

MKW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Vehicle:
    2014 RC 4x4
    OME 3" lift MK6 wheels 285 Fierce MTs & 4.88s!!
    My 08 DC Sport 4x4 that I got yesterday came with Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts. They ride nice, but are a little too "street" for a 4x4, IMO. They won't be on my truck long enough for me to really evaluate their performance.
    Mike

Products Discussed in

To Top