1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Duplicolor bed armor?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomaforlife, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Sep 24, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
    Anyone used the Bed Armor with kevlar From duplicolor? pics? and hows it holding up?

2. Sep 24, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
  3. Sep 24, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    yota new.o

yota new.o Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joe
    klamath falls oregon
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma 2.7 sr5
    fabtech dirtlogic coilovers with all-pro a-arms chevy 63" leaf springs billi 5125 12" extended bore shockins in rear headache rack duplicolor bed armor bumpers kc daylighters front fenders corbeau racing seats custom bed rack
    love the stuff did both my bumbers with it and i have yet to see any type of wear from it. it as been about a month.

4. Sep 24, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:

o ok well im thinking about putting the stuff on my bed and i have seen other roll on bed liners and over time they start to come off.

5. Sep 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    I have no experience with the duplicolor, but the the do it yourself bed liners work well if you aren't going to do any hauling or putting anything in the bed. If you are going to use your bed heavily save up your cash and avoid the headaches and just get a professional job like rhino-liner, line-x, etc...

trust me, I did rattleguard in my bed, and after hauling stuff like chains, rock, etc...its chipping off pretty bad. Especially on corners.

6. Sep 24, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Great for coating bumpers, rock sliders, etc. But probably not great for beds that get regular use hauling stuff

7. Sep 24, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    tacomaforlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    yea i figured it might not hold up to heavy use.

8. Sep 24, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    ALawrence

ALawrence Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Sr5 Double cab 4x4
    seems like it kind of defeates the purpous of a bed liner if it really doesnt work the greatest... i've been stuck in the same pickle... saw the duplicolor at wal mart, for the price you really cant beat it...

i heard that hurculiner works better...

9. Sep 24, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    I used it on my skid plate and my nfab prerunner bar months ago. Holding up like the day I put it on. Very tough stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top