1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dyno tomorrow around 9am pacific

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Justus, Apr 30, 2013.

1. May 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  2. May 2, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
  3. May 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    Justus

Justus [OP] fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    No dyno.......had some 2nd thoughts and ideas.

Def waiting for a wideband, prolly a better price, and well there's some other factors.....

I know im happy merging and passing, and that's all I wanted......that and my tq back after I threw too much exhaust parts for an n/a engine to handle and keep its low end grunt.

4. May 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    What was the cost of the dyno going to be?

5. May 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Not sure exactly what you mean by,"Why can't the wideband be used as a regular O2"?

The nipple on the S/C that has an orange vacuum cap, is where you get your vacuum boost reference. As far as what is "good", that is relative to how much you want to spend. Whether analog or digital, and one brand over another.

Did the dyno shop not want to dyno your truck without either your own AFR or the ability to use theirs? Is that why no dyno?

6. May 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    100 to "setup"

Then 100 per hr.......no flat rates which irked me.

Sorry guys.....im thinking torspd have a dyno slip with like mods in 1 of his sig links.

Fwiw, im right around 1000ft, and frequent morro bay which iirc is 62ft and always 20* cooler :)

7. May 2, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Was just hoping it functioned as an 02 sensor also since the come with a bosch 02...wishful thinking. I just don't wanna drill into the headers, don't wanna put my 02 sensor in the upper bung (primary).

I figure if I have a wideband, then that's less setup he has to do and will drop the "setup"
    fee.

I wanna go middle of the road, maybe upper middle if that makes sense....and def analog. Somewhere around 300 sound decent to work with?
    Not sure what brands to trust honestly.

Thnx for the help as usual!

Gotta get showered and head out the door....shall return in a couple hrs

8. May 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Yeah, but we didn't want Torspd's generic dyno results, we wanted to see YOUR dyno results :)

Sorry it didn't work out. Personally, unless you're running a close tuned vehicle, I don't see the point of a dyno anyways. If it gets up and goes the way you want it to, it's good. Butt dyno FTMFW! :cool:

9. May 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []

Wideband is for Air/Fuel ratio. Not for sensing the catylization of the cat material. And you shouldn't just tap into a factory sensor for a gauge. That is why you purchase a wideband gauge. Dezod.com has them. Just search around.

Innovate has a new gauge which is very simple to install, compared to their old style. It has a broader range than the AEM. The AEM is very simple as well. Reads from 10- 17.

What kind of setup are they doing? Sounds like they are thinking that they are doing tuning.

Just tell them that you only want three pulls.

Some shops have an AFR sensor that they clip onto the exhaust tip. Some like to install it into the bung where your AFR gauge is installed.

Have a bung welded into the URD Y pipe. Either side, or in the collector for a reading of both banks.

10. May 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Boom, exactly what I was hoping for......im ok with hacking the y pipe a little.

Thanks!

Gotta run some errands, just checked in after lunch

Dave was suggesting innovate also.....the lc1 I think he said was not available as of yesterday tho.

There's another kit, but I forgot the model....I think it was 200, also on the innovate site

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  11. May 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Full OME 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Weathertech liners, Toyota bed mat, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's, bedlights and other small stuff.
    When done correctly, dynos can help with numerous things. I've never done a dyno without a wideband a/f. I always wanted to know if I'm rich or lean. Also it lets you know how much timing you have left on the table. It shows the hp and tq peaks so you can adjust your shift points accordingly. Plus it's nice to know the power you're putting down. You could be off the mark on power and not know it. I had a buddy with a supercharged mustang down about 40 hp due to belt slippage. He didn't know it until he dynoed an saw that his stang was lower than similar set ups.

12. May 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can't do much about shift points with an auto really, but I would like to do one just for some before and after. My motor is still bone stock right now. No mods planned anytime soon for it though.

13. May 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    colby8100

colby8100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    South carolin
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 1jz lowered
    Lowered,leather interior,system,1jz swap,rims,painted bumpers mirrors ect
    I use the lc1 on mine. All of the innovate products are good. I got mine with gauge for 190 from diyautotune. The only reason I got the lc1 is to match my interior gauge color. I've used the lm1 too I can't really tell the difference but I'm new to tuning

Products Discussed in

To Top