1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

E-Brake is sticking

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Bamahoyt, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Nov 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Bamahoyt

Bamahoyt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    I have noticed lately that my gas milage has been really poor and the I have noticed a little bit of resistance when slowing down. The other day, I put my truck in neutral and no e-brake and my truck would not move when I tried to push it. Wondering what I might need to do as I have never messed with e-brakes on these trucks or anything. Thanks!

2. Nov 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    lunch box

lunch box diesel mechanic

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 trd tacoma
    diff lock grey wire mod k&n77series cold air intake 2nd gen s/c water meth injection 7th injector urd 5100s lift all the way around add a leaf new excedy clutch and rear main seal scan guage 2 wet okole covers.bazooka tube.& some minor body stuff.TRD supercharger,URD 7th injector kit
    maybe get a cheap infro red thermometer and check the heat on each drums if one is hot then possibly the slave is sticking causing breaks to stay engaged it takes looking at stuff to properly diagnose but this is not common. but maybe its not in the breaks at all really you are the best person because you can see it

Products Discussed in

To Top