1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

E-Harmony . com

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by surfsupl, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Jul 12, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    I met a girl(from NY) on a Nascar chat group. It went from chat room, to emailing, to phone calls, then plane trips back and forth to see each other. We dated for about 3 years, but both decided that spending near a thousand bucks each time we wanted to get together wasn't practical and decided to call it off before we both went broke. I don't regret any of it--Both of us got to see parts of the country we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.:) Kinda funny the stereotyping we both had about each others' states: She thought California was just like "Bay watch" and was surprised When I took her for a 45 minute drive to see 60 feet of snow. lol. On my end, I was amazed when I visited NY at all of the lush vegetation & country. I had pictured the whole state as one gigantic concrete jungle.

2. Jul 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    ok, I will bite.
    I move to North Carolina, BFE....just a change of scenery. I start working on the same floor as my wife, or little did I know.....apparently, she thought I was gay for whatever rhyme or reason.....we hung out as friends for quite some time before we actually dated. We dated for a little while, until one day someone decided "she didn't want to be with me" well I learned a long time ago that if someone doesn't want to be with you, you don't want to be with them......so we end it, I start to date another girl.....ffwd a couple weeks, and she starts calling again....we get back together and will be going strong for four years next month. :)

3. Jul 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    ive used a certain free dating site

i chose to never meet anyone on there

that stupid site paired me up with girls WAY bigger than what im interested in...or way uglier

4. Jul 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    that stupid site paired me up with girls WAY bigger than what im interested in...or way uglier[/quote]
    hey fat girls need loving too, and beauty is only a light switch away!!!:D:eek:

5. Jul 12, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I did eharmony for over a year. I met a few that are friends now. Not alot of luck on it. Don't waste your money on paysites. I met a crazy on eharmony just when my membership was expiring.

Use Plenty of Fish. It is completely FREE! I have had the best luck on that site. I met my current girlfriend on there, back in January(7 months).

http://www.plentyoffish.com

6. Jul 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Bugs Life ...."YOU ARE INSANE!" LMAO....you have brought tears of laughter to an old mans eyes....I read everything but your sense of humor was on target....keep it up.....

7. Jul 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Met my Wife on craigslist. didn't cost a penny.

8. Jul 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    I tried match for a while, nothing good. I went on eHarmnoy for about 6 months, had a few dates, not much good.

Then I was just about to cancel my membership and they sent me details of a girl...dated for a year, engaged for a year, now been married for a year.

It does work sometimes.

Products Discussed in

To Top