1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ear Mods

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by willard417, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Yeah, a bullet in my big toe would be better too. ;)

[​IMG]

Should we build a list of things that are worse? There's lots of them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay that's enough.

I was just sayin' that later in life when you realize you don't have to do drastic things to garner the attention you seek, you may wonder why you did that. The other point is that Earth is a social experiment and many people do things that cause people to judge them and instead of asking "why did I get that response?" Then they externalize it saying that it is some other person's irrational hate towards them and they completely forget the control they had in eliciting the response from others. Just saying.

I'm not saying the OP is a bad person at all!!! I am just saying he is programming the response that he will receive from the folks that fall under the bell curve. On good days it will be fine and even fun. On bad days they will add to his frustration.

You may think I'm hating on you - I am just trying to give you some insight of the way this game works from those in the bell curve.

EDIT: I am glad you are working for a 'good' company. I even more happy for you that you have a good relationship with your dad. Is your current job your dream job? Do you want that job for the rest of your life? What is your dream job? Do you want someone to come to you and offer you a higher pay job? With all other things equal, do you think it will add to getting what you want in life. (ie: you and another guy may be considered for a better opportunity) How would you like to be treated when you walk in to a restaurant? How do you want to be treated when you get pulled over? Travel to new areas, etc?

2. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    willard417

willard417 [OP] Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L
    alpine head unit, removed secondary air filter, 18" XD Rockstars. 285/60/R18, 3" OME 884/AAL OME shocks all around.
    HBMurphy i see what you're saying. I don't do this for attention. I know thats what it seems like. but the group of friends that i have we are all normal "successfull" young adults who like the look of guaged ears. it's a pretty popular thing. i chose to go this big because I wanted to do my own thing. I don't expect everyone to understand but i'm sure everyone has something that they do that other people don't "approve" of. I'm very lucky to have the job that i have and no it's not what i want to do forever but it lets me buy stupid shit for now. My dream is to own my own lawncare company. which i am working on. "Executive Lawn Care". I'm creating a high end lawn service for people who don't want bums working in their yards. My whole life I've been bucking the system and I always come out on top. And believe it or not I'm also a born again christian.
    with all that said i think my ears look sweet and i like to hear what people have to say about them. once everyone has seen them, the shock factor is gone and i'm just a normal guy.

3. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Peace brother - I hear you clearly. Remember to 'Love thy enemy' when someone gives you a response that you don't like. Good luck with your efforts!

One last thing "Executive's" typically won't understand but as long as you get enough customers on the ends of the bell curve you may have a great biz. IMO if you dissed the facial piercings and exchange the hockey pucks with a HUGE Prince Albert, you would get that $10,000 biz profits increase I speak of.

Edit: "...A bunch of friends..." Socially we call that a uniform. It is truly ironic. I used to wear all black with my closest friends. The first time I heard the concept of 'social uniforms' I thought it was bunk! It is not. It is also called 'mirroring.' We all do it. It is an unconscious way to tell someone we love/respect/appreciate them. You cross your legs, I cross my legs. You touch your head, I touch my head. You talk with an accent, I'll talk with an accent. It is human nature. It's your tribe - I get that too. If you really want to 'do your own thing' do counted cross stitch or macreme ;). All due respect but this is 'Your Tribes' Thing.'

I am sure you are a great guy with some great values.

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    You do realize that those ears make YOU look like a bum to anyone who's gona hire a high end lawn care business.
    the rich guy ho wears a suit everyday isn't gona think those are "sweet" but he'll think your scary, and hire someone else.
    Just sayin!

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    You think they look cool - I get that! and I have nooooo problem with that!

One other test of the attention thing (I am not saying that you need the attention but it is an attention thing - otherwise that Prince Albert would have been where this effort went to) - If you take them out every time you go in public and that would lend credence to the attention thing - Only wear them in the privacy of your own bedroom. See how long that lasts - If it lasts forever and you absolutely love them when no one is looking then you are right.

I am not saying you are wrong about this whole thing. I'm just saying you are wrong about the attention thing - ;) And don't get me wrong - I am a sinner and I have delusions as to who I am too. Everyday I live I see more and more of my self delusions. It's not a bad thing - It's the way He designed us.

6. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I know it may sound wrong but I have a number of very wealthy clients and a lot of them have their internal pointer of who they want to hire as domestic and other help. Do you ever wonder why their isn't a huge market for Aboriginal au pairs?

7. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    willard417

willard417 [OP] Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L
    alpine head unit, removed secondary air filter, 18" XD Rockstars. 285/60/R18, 3" OME 884/AAL OME shocks all around.
    I'll just say i clean up pretty nice when i need to.

8. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    kram

kram Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squamish, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad Access Cab 6spd MGM
    URD Short Shifter TSB Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100s front (1.75") and rear. 285/70/17 Duratrac on Rhino Sidewinders. Weathertech Digifit Floormats
    Yikes. Yeah, I guess looking at it more closely I can believe it.

Are you just trying to be different, like everybody else?

9. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    You seem like a good dude too! Just go to new clients on cold days so that you can wear these!

[​IMG]

10. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    willard417

willard417 [OP] Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L

gauges are a popular thing. gauges this big is my own thing.

11. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    willard417

willard417 [OP] Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L

I would rock the hell out of those.

I can flip my ear loop over the rest of my ear and you really can't tell. it just kinda looks like a little birth defect. haha

12. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    Dude...that's fuckin' hideous!!!! Dirty ass truck...you should be ashamed!:D

13. Apr 3, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    If you ever want more caish in your life you now know how! :)

14. Apr 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yea, just what I always wanted...a couple of saggy pussies hanging from my head :rolleyes:

15. Apr 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    willard417

willard417 [OP] Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L
  16. Apr 4, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    10 years ago- tattoos
    5 years ago- piercings
    present- ear stretching
    20 years from now- a bunch of f*cked up looking people that got caught up in trends
    whats next.... bone in the nose? plate lips?
    when is enough going to be enough?
    :smack:

17. Apr 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    x10000000000000000 :laugh:

18. Apr 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    willard417

willard417 [OP] Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L
    yeah.. maybe if our parents didn't do all those drugs we wouldn't be so fucked up.

19. Apr 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    good point.

20. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    gauges are a fad man. ive met a few cats that grew out of that phase and had to pay a decent amount of loot to close them holes up. its not cheap or painless. you will grow out of the fad and will one day regret it. just like the guy at my job that is about your age and has 3 roosters tatted on his arm. not small cocks, but big ones LOL:rofl:remember tribal tattoos and mullets? nuff said:D

Products Discussed in

To Top