1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

early first gens, if you have a moment....

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by darkturtleninja, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mar 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    darkturtleninja

darkturtleninja [OP] 9th level dungeon master

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    95 2.7 3rz turd
    cold air intake, body lift, suspension lift.
    ok so ive been comming up at dead ends everywhere... ive spent countless hours this past week trying to find out what i need to get... i have a pretty good idea...

i have a missing wiring harness that is supposed to connect the my vehicle speed sensor on my t-case... ive found a couple clues on ncttora's website but just not enough...
    i believe what i need is a 2 or 3 foot long wiring harness with a plug at each end... one end plugs into the vss and the other to a plug on the "transmission wiring harness"... (the harness with all the wires on the tranny) and i do have an empy plug on that harness but im just not sure...

i spoke to toyota today and they had no clue what i was talking about... and he said it may just be part of the main wiring harness.... but he had no clue. about it for sure...

could someone get under their truck and snap me a couple of good pictures of the wires im talking about???
    please take note and find out where or what that wire group goes to for sure...

i did post another thread in the technical chat section but i figured if i was going to ask the favor i should go to the first gen category...(more chance of someone being able to help me)
    here is the link to my original thread:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/29140-speedometer-plug-missing.html

if you guys can help me, i will send rep your way. and youll have my respect!

thanks guys....

-david

2. Mar 7, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    kevhogaz

kevhogaz Low Speed, High Drag

Member:
    Queen Creek, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    SR5 PreRunner
    3" lift front & rear, Air Raid Intake System
    All right, let me see if I can help you out. The missing connector is basically your speedo drive. If there's not a plug on the harness for that, you're kind of screwed. That connector should be part of the harness, that runs the tranny, and has all the plugs for the transfer case, as well.

You said it was a junk yard tranny, right? The truck is a 4x4 from the factory, isn't it? Go to your Toyota dealer, and be real nice to the parts guys, and tell you need to see a picture of the harness' under the truck. They should be able to zoom in on the trans harness, and find your missing connector.

3. Mar 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    darkturtleninja

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    95 2.7 3rz turd
    im thinking that the tranny is probably the original but i could be mistaken... i have not found any cut wires...

4. Mar 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    darkturtleninja

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    95 2.7 3rz turd
    bump.... anybody have a second to look???

5. Mar 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    darkturtleninja

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    95 2.7 3rz turd
    cmon guys.... if your vehicle speed sensor is on your transfercase you can help me!!!
    this thread has had 90 some views... someone has to be able to help.... you know i would do it for you...lol... thats if i had the wires!!!

6. Mar 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    mcorbin

mcorbin Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Taco Runner
    Texas Edition-wheels, flowmaster, k&n Filter, Nerf Bars
    some of you people suck. Sorry, but I have a 2 wheeler.

To Top