1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by unstpible, Aug 25, 2012.

1. unstpible

unstpible [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Bountiful, Utah
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD, SR5, V6
    two 6.5' subs and 2 tweeters in the jack compartments, K&N air filter, Custom heavy duty rock sliders/steps (i completely destroyed my stock ones)
    read through about 23 pages of this bull shit still aint finding shit. i give up and except this state as a giant shit hole.. "unless you can prove otherwise"

lend a helping hand or i may go on a shooting spree "probably not but it would ease my anger a lil" I NEED A DAMN TRAIL LOCAL SOME ONE GOT A PIECE OF PROPERTY THEY CRUZ ON OR ANY THING im a mad man on the loose give me some terrain to let loos on PS i would also like a place i could go for both seasonal hunting and just to let loose a few rounds any one got any thing let me know

2. MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    With all due respect, calm the fuck down asshead.
    If you want to wheel, the uwharrie is the closest place to us. Croatan is illegal, and will net you a $150 ticket. That was two years ago when I helped pull my friend out, I'm sure it's gone up by now. You can go drive on the outer banks, take your fishing rods and relax.

Other than that, it's going to take a bit of driving. There is a place south of wilmington a little bit, mostly mud trails, but a small rock garden. I've gone up to Va a couple times on 72's and had a great time in the GWNF. About 8 hours to get there, but well worth it.
    Check out NC4x4.com to find out all the other legal areas around us. Yes, Havelock is a shit hole, no need to throw a fit about it. Just fill up the gas tank and leave the local area.

I've been thinking of organizing a base off road club, if youre interested, pm me. Anyone in your unit into off roading? Doesn't matter the vehicle, it will be open to all. With the club, I want to set up a web site for information and discussion, plus do a monthly meeting. Might just be dinner at bdubs or something, but preferably try and plan a trip for at least every other month. Get out there, wheel, camp, drink, and meet others on the base who share our hobby.

3. HKRunner

HKRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameron
    F L O R I D A
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail
    lift, rims, tires, skids, winch, sliders, audio upgrade
    Sub'd

Ive got orders to LeJeune early 2013. i was hoping the off road situation was better then FL. there is a few trails here, but mostly mudd and water, nothing technical or overly challenging. i hate playing in the mudd so thats a no go for me.

im from GA and used to challenging and technical forest roads, washouts, hill climbs etc. Just a pain in the ass the little bit of places i find here i have to take a looooooong drive. i was hoping NC was better :(

4. MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    Theres great wheeling in NC...it just happens to be on the opposite side of the state. I'm always down for a road trip, so anyone feel free to hit me up if you want to head out somewhere.

5. pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    ^Correct, the coast is nothing but mud, sand, water and flatland. There are places you just have to talk to the locals. But yea the foothills are a good place for hilly trails and stuff.

6. unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Bountiful, Utah
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD, SR5, V6
    two 6.5' subs and 2 tweeters in the jack compartments, K&N air filter, Custom heavy duty rock sliders/steps (i completely destroyed my stock ones)
    good luck when you get out here maybe by then ill find a local that ownes some land im currently working on 2 different locals with hunting lands to see if i cant get something worked out

7. AddicTioN

AddicTioN diesel tech

Member:
    First Name:
    wyatt
    north carolina
    dont know to much on the coast mainly just places to mud..but up here in the foothills and mountains we can hit a trail just about anytime we want..

8. Qualla900

Qualla900 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathon
    Jackson County NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OFF ROAD
    None at the moment will be doing some here very soon
    Western part of the state is where you need to come to. I have a few I few trails within 20 miles that I can ride..

9. unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Bountiful, Utah
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD, SR5, V6
    i would love to hit up some foot hills it they werent to far away

10. alove0750

alove0750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Concord, nc
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma Pre-runner
    Bilstein 5100's and OME 882's in the front AAL and Bilstein 5125's in the rear Converted to 4x4, with 97 front diff with manual hubs 4.56 Yukons front and rear Custom front bumper, sliders and under-belly skid by MOBS Fab in Concord,NC with built in hella's and 8000lb smitty
    If you want to see what your truck really has make a lil ride to Windrock Park in Oak Ridge, TN.

11. unstpible

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Bountiful, Utah
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD, SR5, V6
    Back in my home state now woot. No mas mud and sand, rocks and hills babi

To Top