1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Easy trail for Prerunner 2WD in Orange County area

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by BBBsti LTD, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Sep 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    BBBsti LTD

BBBsti LTD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4WD
    I would like to know of any easy trails close to Costa Mesa/ OC area, I am willing to drive but not a long drive. My Prerunner had rear diff. lock but no 4WD.

It would be perfect if I find a place that is suitable for mountain biking at the same time.

I want something easy, not crazy my fiancee will be going with me and of course, I cant trash my Tacoma, I just want to get it a little bit dusty :rolleyes:.

2. Sep 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    battlescars

battlescars Professionull1

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 5-lug Prerunner
    Couple shocks, some old tires, and a bad paint job
    There is a place called Holy Jims, I don't know too much about that area but on other forums I've seen people talking about it. You can Google map it and see for yourself. I'm sure there are YouTube video's of the place too.

3. Sep 26, 2009 at 12:05 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    55w HIDs, 16" Countersteer Offroads, Yokahama All Terrains, Demello Sliders
    Depending on how long you wanna drive the trail, you can go to Holy Jim or Main Divide Road. Holy Jim is only driveable for like 15 minutes before the trail ends at which point you have to get off and hike. Main Divide is a fireroad off Santiago Canyon & Silverado Canyon. It takes like 15 minutes just to get to the actual trail but the trail itself is pretty longing, going from Lake Elsinore to Corona. Ive traveled the road a handful of times and never fail to see mountain bikers up there as well. Sounds like Main Divide may work for you but your choice. BTW: the trail is pretty much packed dirt and definitely 2wd friendly, i highly doubt youll need your locker unless you hit some of the side trails

http://dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Divide_Road

EDIT: dont know if your doing anything this sunday but myself, a friend, and a few others are doing a run at Main Divide Road, itd be cool if you could come. Check the SOCAL Forums for moreinfo

4. Sep 26, 2009 at 2:06 AM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    yea go to holy jims. really easy not that long. u go down 5 south to el toro. or at least thats how i get there

To Top