1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ebay Dud,....search begins anew

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Cheesycook, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    Beware EBAY.....
    Well, I got a 98 TRD extended cab off Ebay and am now trying to get my money back. The guy didn't mention the crooked bed when I bought the truck and I didn't notice it when I picked it up. Got home and saw the driverside was an inch taller than the passenger side but the cab was fine. Asked the guy about it and he said it was a "Toyota thing". Had a shop put it on the rack at about $140 to check it. They were suprised. The front forks were bent up and the back end was bent down. They estimate 18 hours of work to get it back. So now I get to fight for my money and go through all this and then get with my bank to get another loan.........and I get to drive it back to Portland three hours away when I only have one day off a week and a 14 month old son who hates long drives..........Beware EBAY!!!!!

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    dang!!

any pics?

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    never buy something from someone you cant punch in the face. 3 hours is too far to deal with that bullcrap. hope it works out for you.

4. Jul 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Loudon, Tn
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4X4, 5 spd, 2.7 ltr
    Deck plate mod, intake silencer removed, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, debadged, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16. Flowmaster knock-off muffler!
  5. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    You had better beat that guys seller rating up like hell bro! let em know just how he dealt with you. know one will ever buy anything from him again off there.

6. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    ChrisYoTaCoMa

ChrisYoTaCoMa Chrome's for Harleys and old farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Estero, Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Ex cab 2.7 sr5 AT
    New Pioneer stereo, and all 4 speakers with Infinity components. Sirius satellite radio. Deckplate mod done. Door buzzer silenced forever thank God, tinted windows, vent visors, hood protector(bug guard), ceramic pads and new rotors, dechromed EVERYTHING. 2" Lift front 3" rear. Skyjacker AAL's and replacement leafs(and front spacers) from Fatbobsgarage.com. Skyjacker 7000 Hydro rear shocks, those Bilstein 5100 fronts are coming soon!
    I won't buy a carr of Ebay again, been there 2 times one was nice and honestly described, but the second was a shit box. Bad enough that the ass that sold it to me who was nice enough to deliver it 3 hours away had used CHAIN to hold the motor mounts together after they broke........ Yeah, what a dickhead. And it would die after running for 25 minutes. That was it for me.

I hope you nail this guy and make his ass pay...... Good luck man.

7. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    ChocoTaco08

ChocoTaco08 Can't Fix Broke!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shooter
    MD
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 BSP
    [Tinted Windows]-[Clean Shaven Emblems]-[Husky Floor Liners]-[AVS Vent Visors]-[TRD Seat Covers]-[Tacoma Bed Mat]-[6000K H.I.D.'s]-[Coverking Backseat Covers]-[BHLM]-[Altezza Taillights]-[Scanguage II]-[Eyelids]-[Tinted Third Brake Light]-[Grillcraft Upper]-[Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit]-[BFG KM2's (285-70-17)]-[XD Revolvers (17X9)]-[PIAA 510's]-[All Pro Front Bumper]-[Cobra Cb]-[Wilson 4' Cb Antenna]-[BudBuilt Skids]-[Devil Horns Symbol]-[FLM]-[Demello Hybrid Sliders]
    I got my account hacked on ebay once. got a call from texas saying i was the pround owner of a brand new tundra. so i checked my account, i had trailers, cars, boats, bikes. all these big expensive things luckily i caught it early and everything was fixed. didn't lose anything but still a scary situation.

8. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    Cheesycook

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    This is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&salenotsupported

The pics were also misleading. The entire body is beaten and scratched up. The center console, seats and shift boot were also tore up. I didn't really care about the cosmetics and was going to repair the fender myself. Heck, the check engine light came on as soon as I got home. Then, there is the clatter in the motor under strain. And the two large cracks running the length of the windshield which were not mentioned. The messed up old beaten CD player. The missing jack and more importantly the tool to get the spare tire out. .......cruise control not working.

Any body know the actual laws on something like this for a private sale? I know Ebay has a buyer protection but I don't want this to be dragged out.

9. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB - Super White
    SOLD!
    That sucks to hear man. Hopefully eBay will work with you on getting your money back.

FWIW a week after getting my truck (new) I noticed the bed was misaligned a full 1 1/2 inches to the drivers side. Someone was obviously asleep at the wheel when it came time to install the bed. :rolleyes:

10. Jul 2, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB - Super White
    SOLD!
    Just checked your eBay photos and that last picture would lead me to beleive the frame is possibly bent. I wonder if the previous owner decided to jump his truck or might have been in an accident?

11. Jul 2, 2009 at 11:31 PM
    Cheesycook

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    He definitely took a hit in the front but it doesn't look too bad in the spot. I was thinking it went airborne. The guy I got it from said he bought it in the dark and was definitely not mechanical. He thought replacing the fender was a massive and daunting task.

Cute side note:My daughter (6 years old) and I called this the "Broken Taco". I had Taco Bell on the mind (Volcano Taco) and told her we will have to come up with a new name for the next truck we buy. I ask her what we would name a red one. Her response without skipping a beat....."The Bloody Taco". I told mommy that my daughter gets no part in the naming ceremony.

To Top