1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eco Brakes, any experience from the OC guys?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by JohnB81, Nov 28, 2012.

1. JohnB81

JohnB81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner OR
    BakFlip G2 (thanks SelfMade), K&N Bilstein 5100's Eibach coils, Deaver AAL-purchased through Headstrong Off-Road Brembo rotors with Akebono pads (calipers painted black) General AT2 FJ Cruiser TRD center caps PlastiDip'd badges, Black chromed grill/ emblems/ bumper BHLM (aftermarket replacements) Blacked out 3rd brake light (aftermarket replacement) Anti Dark Pro Kit underhood LED lights by BeeRadd LED dome/map/plate lights
    Hello TW, first post but long time reader and user of all the great info here.

I am curious if anyone, especially the OC guys have any experience using Eco brakes (www.ecobrakes.com) located in Garden Grove.
    They are advertising on Craigslist new front slotted and drilled rotors/pads and install for $160.

I'm due for pads and getting some vibration when braking (so likely warped rotors)

Your experience/ reviews are much appreciated.

2. asus611

asus611 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab Prerunner
    I say you go OEM pads and brembo blank rotors (if you cant turn the ones you have on right now).

Do it in your garage to really save some $$

3. JohnB81

JohnB81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner OR
    BakFlip G2 (thanks SelfMade), K&N Bilstein 5100's Eibach coils, Deaver AAL-purchased through Headstrong Off-Road Brembo rotors with Akebono pads (calipers painted black) General AT2 FJ Cruiser TRD center caps PlastiDip'd badges, Black chromed grill/ emblems/ bumper BHLM (aftermarket replacements) Blacked out 3rd brake light (aftermarket replacement) Anti Dark Pro Kit underhood LED lights by BeeRadd LED dome/map/plate lights
    Thank you, I know that there are other options out there but I am curious if anyone has tried them. And for this price, it's worth having someone else do the labor.

4. RacerAV

RacerAV Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    you get what you pay for... and with BRAKES? eesh... spend the dough...

To Top