1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eco Brakes, any experience from the OC guys?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by JohnB81, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    JohnB81

JohnB81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner OR
    BakFlip G2 (thanks SelfMade), K&N Bilstein 5100's Eibach coils, Deaver AAL-purchased through Headstrong Off-Road Brembo rotors with Akebono pads (calipers painted black) FJ Cruiser TRD center caps PlastiDip'd badges, roof, Black chromed grill/ emblem/ bumper BHLM (aftermarket replacements) Blacked out 3rd brake light (aftermarket replacement) Redline Tuning hood struts Plus kit Anti Dark Pro Kit underhood LED lights by BeeRadd LED dome/map/plate lights LED bed lights by me!
    Hello TW, first post but long time reader and user of all the great info here.

I am curious if anyone, especially the OC guys have any experience using Eco brakes (www.ecobrakes.com) located in Garden Grove.
    They are advertising on Craigslist new front slotted and drilled rotors/pads and install for $160.

I'm due for pads and getting some vibration when braking (so likely warped rotors)

Your experience/ reviews are much appreciated.

2. Nov 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    asus611

asus611 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab Prerunner
    I say you go OEM pads and brembo blank rotors (if you cant turn the ones you have on right now).

Do it in your garage to really save some $$

3. Dec 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    JohnB81

JohnB81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner OR
    BakFlip G2 (thanks SelfMade), K&N Bilstein 5100's Eibach coils, Deaver AAL-purchased through Headstrong Off-Road Brembo rotors with Akebono pads (calipers painted black) FJ Cruiser TRD center caps PlastiDip'd badges, roof, Black chromed grill/ emblem/ bumper BHLM (aftermarket replacements) Blacked out 3rd brake light (aftermarket replacement) Redline Tuning hood struts Plus kit Anti Dark Pro Kit underhood LED lights by BeeRadd LED dome/map/plate lights LED bed lights by me!
    Thank you, I know that there are other options out there but I am curious if anyone has tried them. And for this price, it's worth having someone else do the labor.

4. Dec 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    RacerAV

RacerAV Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    you get what you pay for... and with BRAKES? eesh... spend the dough...

To Top