1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EGR Slimline Window Visors (in-channel)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Veccster, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Apr 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Canceled with US Auto Parts and placed an order with autoanything. Will post up when I get them with what I think.

2. Apr 16, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Finally got mine in after flying shitty with US Auto Parts CS dept. over the phone. Yeah, going to apply tape to the fronts...they seem a little looser than I'd like. Otherwise, a fine product...$45 shipped to my door for F/R for a DC...damn good price.

3. May 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    glandnut

glandnut Reserve Squirrel Hair

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    16' 4Runner TEP, 01' Ext cab 4x4
    secret stuff.
    Got any pics with them just on the fronts?

4. May 5, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

Uh, they look just like Veccster's in the OP...except a blue truck...if you really want pics I could take some...

5. May 5, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    glandnut

glandnut Reserve Squirrel Hair

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    16' 4Runner TEP, 01' Ext cab 4x4
    secret stuff.
    From what I gathered from your post, you only did the front windows instead of all 4. I was curious to see what that looked like on a dc.

6. May 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    I did all 4 windows. Sorry if I was unclear. Offer for pics still stands.

7. Apr 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Great write up! I think you may have convinced me on these as I was leaning towards the Weathertech. And before anyone jumps on me for binging up an old post :p. Hey, I used the search button and was just about to give up and ask where to buy when I found this one. ;)

8. Apr 9, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    So does anyone have a part # for the EGR in channel for the double cab? I am running into some confusion on this. I have found a couple of places that have them listed as 574981. Some of the web sites list this # as a dc and some as an ac. Found them on Amazon as EGR 574981 Ic4 which sounds like it maybe the ac with the 4 being the 4 cylinder? And Amazons description is very uninformative. On amazon it says they wont fit my truck (2011) but will fit 2005? :confused: They should be the same, right? Thanks in advance.

9. Apr 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Got them today and installed. Like them so far but just wanted to add to the op's write up, and in regards to the rear one that fell out. When I put the rears in, I cleaned the channels and they were pretty dirty and I've only had the truck 3 months. I was surprised at how much dirt came out, mostly pollen though. Also want to point out that the rears didn't look like they were very tight. Maybe Im wrong but they seemed as the adhesive wasn't taking very well so for a tip on this, I cut the flaps off the box that they came in and wedged them in between the glass and visor and let them sit for a while with the extra pressure to help them to stick. Note that the instructions (I actually read them for once :D) said not to drive for 4 hrs after install. With the comment about one falling off I wanted to be extra careful to prevent this on mine and thought I would share.

10. Apr 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I believe when I installed mine it said not to roll the windows down for 24hrs to let the adhesive dry. I've never had any issues with them.

You will enjoy them, congrats on your purchase.

11. Apr 25, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    Irieone

Irieone Member

Member:
    Just wanted to add my two cents to the thread. I have had them for about a month and I am very pleased. Got them from Autoanything

I installed them in under 5 minutes.

The fronts are tight. There is no need for tape.

The backs are also tight. The manufacturer tells you to do the install in warm weather so the adhesive sets up properly. I also made it a point to keep my back windows closed for a few days to ensure good bonding.

So far so good........ They look sweet on my black taco.....

2011 double cab

IMAG0165.jpg

12. Apr 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    arcjan

arcjan Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jabba
    Arcadia, CA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Toy Tac PreSR5
    Tailgate Security
    Looks good.

13. May 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    kenstar

kenstar Get a Lil Mud on the Tares

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Wrenching in the garage.
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 TRD OR
    Pop 'n' Lock, EGR In-Chan, Bakflip G2, 6112, 5160, Dakar Set. Redline hood struts. WildPeak At3. TRD Pro Wheels. Apex Fab Fog lights; Other shit I can't remember.
    Just got my EGR slim line in and installed today. My question is, is it just me or do the front visors bow out the rubber seal near the side view mirror. I'm guessing everyone b/c if you look at the OP second picture, that's what im talking about, mine does the same thing.

If you need some I recommend streetside auto, like someone mentioned in the deal section. Which also has 10% off. I ended up getting the 4 pc. for 52$ includ shipping. Other places normally charge 50$ for just the fronts.

-ken

The instructions say they should be set in 4hrs. [I would not advise highway travel until 72] However, they will be FULLY seated in 72 hrs.

14. May 11, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Good info being added...thanks!

Not sure about it bowing out the rubber seal. I've never noticed.

As for the rears...I left my rear windows up for several days after the install as well. I have also added very small strips of 3M foam tape to help hold it in place and fill the gap. Do not use too much because you don't want to see the tape against the black vent or the black seal (like 1/8" slices).

I've had them on for 2yrs now and have never had a problem. They still look great!

[​IMG]

15. May 12, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    Irieone

Irieone Member

Member:
    Back to report that one of my back visors fell off while driving down the road yesterday. I checked the remaining back visor to find it loose. It actually fell off in my hand.

I did everything right when I installed these and the adhesive failed. Not sure I will make an effort to reinstall them. Why you ask?

• My cabin is much quieter without them (all 4 windows down)
    • My cabin is much less windy without them (all 4 windows down)
    • The visors impair my field of vision considerably.
    You don't notice these things so much until you remove them.

I do like the way they look and I like the fact that I can crack my windows in a rainstorm. Just not sure the pros is worth the cons at the juncture.

16. May 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    ^ sorry they failed on you. Though it has been reported numerous times in this thread that the rears MUST HAVE additional tape to bond and hold them in place. This is not a fault of the product and is due to the shape of our rear windows.

A few strips of the foam tape I mentioned just above has held mine in place for over 2 years.

17. Jun 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Just put mine on yeserday. Regular cab so not worry about taping rear ones.

Window is alittle tight going up, but I imagine that will break in.

18. Aug 26, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    Goober

Goober Earthlings are fun to watch!

Member:
    Utah - Why just have only one?
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off-Planet AccessCab
    I've had my EGR in-channel visors for about 4 months now on my Access Cab. The visor on the drivers side started squeaking a few weeks ago when rolling up the window just as the window reached the top. I cleaned the window and visor where the two made contact but didn't help. Then one hot day when I rolled the window down an inch to let the truck vent while parked the visor popped out of it's track and landed on the ground. Good thing I wasn't driving when it happened. This happened two more times so I got some dry silicon spray and sprayed the visor where the window contacts it. (It was showing wear from the window.) This has fixed the squeaking and so far the visor hasn't pop out again, I don't think it will now. The passenger side hasn't done this and I allways do both windows so it's had as much use and the way I park doesn't let the sun hit one side more that the other.

The spray isn't dry when applied and discolors the plastic wherever the liquid runs so either hold the visor upside down or mask it before spraying.

http://www.amazon.com/Elmers-E450-S...OESU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1314398115&sr=8-8
    [​IMG]

19. Apr 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    KRich

KRich Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4

Hey Irieone,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but was wondering if you had any more pictures of your Black Taco with the in-line vent visors. Debating picking up a set and my vanity wants to see some more pics :D

20. Apr 23, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I would recommend buying a set that has the tape on all the pieces. The EGR's I put on my 2011 are needing tape now 1 year later. The ones (a different brand inline) I put on my 2005 had tape on all the pieces & I never had any issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top