1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

elclem21's Black Taco build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by elclem21, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Feb 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    elclem21

elclem21 [OP] Quebeker

Member:
    First Name:
    Clément
    Kingston, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD DCLB
    OME 885x front, Dakars rear, TC UCAs, Front Mud Flaps trim, Foglights Anytime mod, WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, WeatherTech window visors, HomerTaco Raptor Style satoshi grill, 20" LED light bar, ProEFX towing mirrors
    This is my truck the day I bought it, 09 Tacoma TRD DCLB. I took this pic with my cellphone.

[​IMG]

Shortly after, I ordered a set of WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, and WeatherTech window visors. I also applied the foglights anytime mod, and trimmed my front mud flaps about 4 1/2 in.

Before, I had this 07 Ford Ranger FX4. I liked it, but I was getting to the point I was feeling squeezed inside the cab. This is why I sold it and bought the Tacoma instead.

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for more... it will be another slow build, but a good one I promise.

2. Feb 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    elclem21

elclem21 [OP] Quebeker

Member:
    First Name:
    Clément
    Kingston, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD DCLB
    OME 885x front, Dakars rear, TC UCAs, Front Mud Flaps trim, Foglights Anytime mod, WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, WeatherTech window visors, HomerTaco Raptor Style satoshi grill, 20" LED light bar, ProEFX towing mirrors
    I got a Pioneer AVIC-X940BT DVD/GPS/BT HU a few weeks ago. While I was waiting for my wire harness, dash kit & steering wheel interface kit from Tacotunes, I decided to plug my new H/U to an old computer power supply to test it out and pre-program it. I hacked a few files & changed the splash screen.

Today I received my goods from Tacotunes. Instead of using the provided crimp caps, I opted for my old and proved method: solder and heatshrink. I found it gives a much cleaner touch.

[​IMG]

And here's a pic of the h/u mounted into the dashkit.

[​IMG]

A nice little touch from the folks @ Tacotunes, lovely !!!

[​IMG]

3. Feb 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    Sub'd, it's a start for now man!, but I've gotta ask what are some future upgrades/mods you have planned?

4. Feb 9, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    elclem21

elclem21 [OP] Quebeker

Member:
    First Name:
    Clément
    Kingston, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD DCLB
    I am thinking of a 3 in suspension lift, wheels & tires, some homemade custom fab (rock sliders, bed structure). Maybe a front & rear bumper could be nice too.

My gameplan is to take my time, do my research and ensure it will be trouble free.

5. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    ToyotaTacoma4Ever

ToyotaTacoma4Ever Get Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Tacoma Sport
    Check Out The S/C Build
    That's all good, and better to do things right the first time! Look forward to your build!

To Top