1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electronic Cigs

Discussion in 'Health' started by 07COMA801, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jun 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    Kirk1589

Kirk1589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Pasti-Dip Grille, K&N drop-in, Magnaflow 14", Custom tail light mod, Fog light mod, diff vent mod, Alpine Components, Sequoia JBL radio
    Yessir

2. Jun 25, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun All go, No show

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Heavy duty 4.56 gears front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, WARN hubs, VIAIR ultra duty OBA, Addicted offroad winch bumper, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, ProComp Steelies wrapped in 35" general grabber red labels, dakar leaf pack with 2" toytec lift shackles, 10" Billies in the rear, OME 882's with OME Nitrochargers and LR UCA's in the front, WARN recovery kit, extra shackles, 60" Extreme Hi Lift, Hi Lift handle all, home made spare tire carrier, Stubbs welding HD SKO sliders, OTTRW Switches, 20" double row LED Lightbar, ARB Safari Snorkle, AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter, Optima Yellow Top battery. Work in progress!
    After getting my Provari:

4 cigs the first day owning it

3 cigs 3 days ago

2 cigs 2 days ago

1 cig yesterday, when first waking up is the hardest one to not smoke for me

Haven't smoked a single cig today. This is from a guy who has smoked two packs a day for 18 years.

THANKYOU! To the OP for making this thread, and everyone who has contributed. I never would have known about these things if not for this. E-cigs are not a popular thing here in Alabama.

3. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Got a few new juices in while I was away on vacation:
    [​IMG]

Cinnamon Red Hot, Root Beer, Get Razzled, Sour Yum, Lemon Drop, Hot Chocolate and Hawk Sauce. Letting them all steep for a couple of weeks but so far couldn't resist trying the Root Beer. Tastes pretty good without steeping - Anise flavor with a light aftertaste. This should only get better with a little time. I'll report on the other ones as I try them.

@Randy - I'll get those juices sent out today. They came all the way to Palm Springs and Las Vegas with me but I wasn't able to get to a post office :D

Also took a few moments during my vacation to order an eVic, Trustfire charger, batteries and a couple of K9 Protanks which look like a Kanger Protank knock-off but only $7/each. All from FastTech. Hopefully those will arrive early next week.

I am keeping my eyes open for the iTaste MVP V3. It's all I can do NOT to buy the V2 right now...

I did notice that the Protank was leaking everywhere when there is pressure change, such as in an airplane or when going up and down mountain passes. Travelling with the ecig upside down usually helped with my specific setup. For the airplane, I separated the Protank from the battery and leave the atomizer slightly unscrewed to prevent any vacuum effect.

Still no analogs since starting my e-cigarette revolution :p

4. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.

Agree 100%. Nice Anise flavor after 1 week of steeping, hint of Root Beer finish. Expect this to transition to Root Beer as the next few weeks go on. Ordered Root Beer based on your review :)

5. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!

Nice! That's the exact same setup I am using. I just ordered an eVic for home vaping so this setup will be used mostly at work or on the road in the future. Totally happy with this setup. Once it arrived I poured juice in and started vaping. As a newb, it seemed to put out more vapor than I could handle. The new setup I got just because I'm getting sucked into this world of vaping.

As I mentioned before, the NW WA Meet thread and my Taco are getting a lot less attention since I dove into e-cigs. I'm even spending a ton of time on the e-cigarette forums learning stuff and hardly any time on TW. :anonymous:

I'll bring my focus back to trucks and firearms soon but for now quitting smoking is sure a lot of fun.

6. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.

Congratulations man. That's amazing you quit that quick!!!! I love these things now

7. Jun 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Heavy duty 4.56 gears front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, WARN hubs, VIAIR ultra duty OBA, Addicted offroad winch bumper, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, ProComp Steelies wrapped in 35" general grabber red labels, dakar leaf pack with 2" toytec lift shackles, 10" Billies in the rear, OME 882's with OME Nitrochargers and LR UCA's in the front, WARN recovery kit, extra shackles, 60" Extreme Hi Lift, Hi Lift handle all, home made spare tire carrier, Stubbs welding HD SKO sliders, OTTRW Switches, 20" double row LED Lightbar, ARB Safari Snorkle, AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter, Optima Yellow Top battery. Work in progress!

Thanks!

The "Dew Des Mtn" Mountain Dew flavor from Mr-E-Liquid is amazing by the way. If you like Mountain Dew soda.

It's helped a Lot to have a flavor that I already love, to vape.

8. Jun 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    Dude I love mtn dew I'm going to get me some as soon as I get a pro tank. I've been wanting to try it since day one haha

9. Jun 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Longtime Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
    Are you on ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum.php ?
    I go by the same user name there. Lots of great info & contests/give aways.

10. Jun 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla Smurf it.

Member:
    First Name:
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Yosemite Sam "Back Off" Mud Flaps, Flint Sparkle Curb Protectors , Persian Rug floor liners, Salt water crocodile skin seat covers "with head on head rest, that's battery operated and shakes side to side when you sit down (Like it's tearing your head off) Also piece of the tail on passenger side seat that flops back n forth controled via an old Atari joystick mounted on the console (for the ladies) " All four Flipper claw feet remain on skin (one set at your shoulders other at waist and cradle hug you into the seat buckets, Three Diamond stitched Silk Snow Leopard print throw pillows from Bangladesh , Chameleon Glitter tint and more to come, so check back for updates.
    Alright this might be a dumb question but whatever, without having to read thru an entire thread or research these things.. I've heard of these things for a while but just never bothered to learn bc I don't smoke.. Do these have nicotine in them and are there some of it that doesn't ? Is it supposed to be like a harmless alternative to smoking cigs to help you quit? But sounds a little more in depth than just that from scanning the thread?

11. Jun 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
    Vapor ranges from 0mg/ml to 44mg/ml nicotine.
    Most vape to stop smoking, some reduce nic level over time.
    There are people that vape just for the great flavors available.

12. Jun 26, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    Wishbone1965

Wishbone1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4
    Who would have ever thought that joining a truck forum would lead me to stop smoking? Well...I'm on day 2 without a cigarette after smoking 1 1/2 PAD for 30 years. I just can't believe how easy the first day was with my e-cig. And to top it off...had one of the most stressful family situations I have ever had yesterday and I still never picked up a smoke. I have joined the e-cig forum as well...tons of information.

As others have said...thanks to the OP! I'm sure he had no idea what a life changing effect this thread would make for some of us...THANK YOU!

I'm ready for day 2 and whatever it may bring!

13. Jun 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    mommehK

mommehK Never let your fear decide your fate

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod
    Hope someone gave you the cinnamon-eats-plastic-tanks info. ....

.... and a huge CONGRATS to all of you who have quit cigs recently! It's such a good feeling to not stink, & to breathe freely again. I'm still vaping but on zero nicotine as well & I don't miss any part of a smoke anymore.

14. Jun 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    I hope you like it I do (I'm on my 2nd 50ml). Another one of MBV's has become one of my favorites Teaberry. Tastes just like the gum or ice cream.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  15. Jun 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    KevbekTacoma

KevbekTacoma To Be Continued...........

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '12, 4X4, DCSB, MT
    KING 2.5 RR (Front/Rear), TC UCA, DAKARS, MTR W/ KEVLAR, SCS SR8, TUBE BUMPERS, SLIDERS, MF CAT BACK, LIGHTS.
    Heard everyone talking about MTBV. So I wen an checked it out today. Fkin crazy website! I custom made my own juice today and it already shipped! Can't wait to try it.
    What pg/vg u guys normally use?

16. Jun 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    07COMA801

07COMA801 [OP] TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    salt lake city
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink DCSB TRD OR
    ARB/OME 3" lift kit- (886 coil/springs-Dakar leaf pack)- 265/75r16 Toyo open Country M/T's - Stock 16" Toyota Wheels painted black - Full Size Spare W/a steele rim- B.A.M.F Slider W/Kickout (Bolt on)- Tint all round including windshield - Tint headlights and taillights - Bed lined grill surround and rear bumper - Color matched Toyota emblem - OEM Mud Flaps cut in half- Ultragauge - Cobra Radar Detector - Cheap Front seat covers/steering wheel cover - Remote Engine Start - Diff Breather Mod - Tailgate lock mod
    I have always used 50/50 it gets the job done:D

17. Jun 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    Maximus

Maximus Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    San Francisco-Marin
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    AFE filter, Magnaflow muffler, Icon Stage 1 with Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Demello Sliders, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skids, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, A lot of Plastidip, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Firestik Antenna
    You can get the juice in 0mg of nicotine

18. Jun 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    I started with their stock 80/20 but have switched to 65/35 for thicker juice that produces more vape. I increased the shots to compensate for more VG.
    Q: What does PG/VG stand for? What benefits come from the different blend types?
    A: PG(Propylene Glycol) thinner, tasteless liquid, increases throat hit, allows for more flavor. VG(Vegetable Glycerin) thicker, sweeter liquid, increases vapor density, has no throat hit, allows for less flavor. Typically more PG can increase risk of flavor burn, where more VG can reduce flavor potency. More information can be found here: http://www.mtbakervapor.net/propylene-glycol-and-vegetable-glycerin-explained/

19. Jun 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Picked up a iclear30 and kangar protank today. Trying out the iclear first, and it puts off a lot of vapor. Fits well on my Provari. I like it so far.

I also picked up a bottle of torque56, because so many say it's just like tobacco.

Allow me to give you my review of torque56..... :puke: that shit is nasty.

I accidentally got a little on my hand while filling a cheapo tank, and I can't get the smell out of my nose!

:snortbleach:

20. Jun 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    I don't know where you got the torque56 from, but if it was just made tobaccos need to steep before they are any good. Steep it & try it again in 2 to 3 weeks.

To Top