1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electronic Cigs

Discussion in 'Health' started by 07COMA801, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    I've been a long time smoker and just picked up my first e-cig mod and love it so far. After trying out several tanks I like the bottom coil tanks better than the long wicks.

I purchased through myvaporstore.com and had quick shipping from NY to LA plus no CA sales tax. The Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh Battery is $23.49 on Amazon but myvaporstore.com sells for $17.29. I recommend the site!

2. Mrogers33

Mrogers33 The way is open, the time is now

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    03 doublecab 4x4 grocery getter
    Good deal, I'm liking the dual bottom coil tanks as well, hated my kanger ts3 but loving the aspire tanks

3. Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    nice! Just followed and reposted :thumbsup:

4. JTyfz450

JTyfz450 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeryck
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    Thank you Brennan just saw it. Don't forget to like us on Facebook too :D

5. DelRioTaco

DelRioTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deep South TX
    Vehicle:
    Went to the dark side (GMC Canyon)
    Just stumbled across this thread. I'm in information overload mode right now! I had no idea how many options were out there and how serious people are about vaping. I've been playing "fool the cancer" for 20 years now, switching between cigarettes and dip. I tried ESmoke disposables 4 years ago and was disappointed with the lack of smoke volume and battery life. I kept smoking Marlboro Ultra Lights until I eventually was able to transition to Skoal dip. After a year I got a sore in my mouth (non-cancerous luckily) and got scared away from dip. I bought a V2 disposable kit based on the high ratings, and quit dip immediately. I'm loving the coffee flavor so far, but it seems like the refillable vapes are the real deal vs. the disposables. I guess I have a lot of research to do! I'm willing to spend some money on a quality setup. Where should I start?

6. nocaltaco

nocaltaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DTM
    san jose, ca
    Vehicle:
    Hella stuff
    Sit down young man. Much like the rest of the threads on this site, you will invest time or money, and usually both. Congrats on your discovery. It's changed my life. My one suggestion would be to not buy any juice without tasting it first, ie online vendors, specifically mt baker vapors (MBV). Good luck!!

7. magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    02 4runner 04 solara
    4runner-32x11.5x15 falken rocky mt, tundra king 2.5 coilovers with taco perch, TC UCA, OME rear springs and procomp es9000's, thule roof rack.
    just remember the money spent for top dollar vapes, is still less compared to smoking cancer sticks. best of luck.

8. Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    I highly recommend reading the forum listed below for a few hours. TONS of info. Was very helpful for me. Especially learning of the dangers of high drain batteries and vaping. Mech mods have no regulation and if you don't know what you're doing the battery could burn, explode, etc.

I just started vaping a couple weeks ago and I already rebuilt a micro coil for my Kanger Protank 2 and just ordered my first mech mod and rebuildable atomizer thanks to the info at this forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum.php

a great site to shop for the lowest price is http://www.pennyvaper.com/

If you're unsure about an online vendor's reputation etc. just search them on that forum and see what other people have experienced. Same with reviews for products you're interested in.

9. DelRioTaco

Member:
    Deep South TX
    Vehicle:
    After reading most of this discussion, I think I'll just stick with the V2 disposables. This stuff looks like it can get way more complicated than I thought. Plus, I don't have any shops that sell this sort of stuff near me. I'm assuming this stuff is sold in head shops, and I really don't want to be seen in that sort of place given my job. Thanks for the information!

10. teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    I don't know about Texas, but here in Colorado there are quite a few shops popping up dedicated solely to ecigs.

The disposables never did it for me. Meaning I was unable to quit smoking using them, but once I got ahold of a decent battery and tank setup it was more like changing brands then quitting. It really was that easy for me. There's a whole lot out there that I haven't tried, and I understand the intimidation of not knowing about everything, but I did pick up an itaste mvp for around $60 and while there's nothing complicated about it, it blows away the cheap setup I had which was still way better than disposables.

That said, I never tried the V2 disposables and if those work for you and allow you to quit smoking then more power to you.:thumbsup:

11. DelRioTaco

Member:
    Deep South TX
    Vehicle:
    The V2 was the highest rated disposable on pretty much every review site I looked at. The smoke volume is good-not great, but way better than the crappy ESmoke I had 4 years ago (had to double puff that one to get a good lungful). The coffee flavor is ridiculously good, and the vanilla is just OK. I may look at a battery/tank/liquid system eventually, but the V2 has done its job so far. Over a week without a dip, and no desire to go back to real tobacco.

12. 4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Longtime Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
  13. Benson X

Benson X ...and we're back!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Debadged, Black Toyota Emblem, TRD Emblem, Tint, Leer 100XL w/ Thule Tracker II rails, aFe Stage II Si Pro Dry-S CAI, aFe Mach Power 3" cat-back exhaust, Doug Thorley Y-Pipe, Bedmat, Weathertech liners, Weathertech window vents, Redline Hood Struts, 12v Anytime Mod, Maglight Mod, FOB/Seatbelt Mod, Rear Diff. Breather Mod, OEM Heated Mirrors Mod, OME 886 Coils w/ 90k Nitro Shocks up front, OME N182 Shocks with Dakars and a D29XL AAL in back, Light Racing UCAs, 1/2" Toytec Front Spacers, swaybar delete Mod, (4) 1" BORA Wheel Spacers, 285/70R17 Goodyear MT/R (originals), hidden Cobra 19DX IV w/ 4' Firestik on a Relentless Mount, custom Sliders, ARB Bumper, Warn VR-8000s w/ Syn. line, custom Tool/Hi-Lift mounts, custom Engine Bay and Winch-area LEDs, csJumper interior LEDs, custom TRD Skull Decal, 10" SeeLite LED light-bar custom mounted in the grille, custom Front & Mid skidplate, Garmin 60CSX GPS w/ RAM mounts....RAN OUT OF
    ^^^
    Just entered the giveaway! Thanks for putting this on :thumbsup:

This is my first post in here. I NEED to quit smoking cigs. I am ready to try out e-Cigs, and spent the last few days researching the sh*t out of them, and I think it is all finally making sense. ECF has been a great source for information and reviews.

Now, I don't want to end up like most other noobs, and spend a little bit of money in the beginning, only to find that I want a "better" setup a month down the road (i.e spending more money).

I think I narrowed-down my first "2-cig" setup, but would like to get your guys' opinions/thoughts.

(2) eGo-V V3 (Vari-Volt, Vari-Watt)
    (2) ProTank-3 BDC Clearos (w/ either 1.8 or 2.5 OHM coils)
    -OR-
    (2) Aspire BDCs
    (saw the videos and read reviews on both the PT3 and Aspire BDC. Looking for a reason to go with one over the other)
    (2) CMDT DripTips (these just look cool IMO)

Will need to go locally for Juice, or order from Baker. Please feel free to respond or PM with any info. advice. Thanks! :cheers: :rasta:

14. evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    ^good luck! I found quitting much easier than i thought it would be with e-cigs.

15. Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    Debadged, Black Toyota Emblem, TRD Emblem, Tint, Leer 100XL w/ Thule Tracker II rails, aFe Stage II Si Pro Dry-S CAI, aFe Mach Power 3" cat-back exhaust, Doug Thorley Y-Pipe, Bedmat, Weathertech liners, Weathertech window vents, Redline Hood Struts, 12v Anytime Mod, Maglight Mod, FOB/Seatbelt Mod, Rear Diff. Breather Mod, OEM Heated Mirrors Mod, OME 886 Coils w/ 90k Nitro Shocks up front, OME N182 Shocks with Dakars and a D29XL AAL in back, Light Racing UCAs, 1/2" Toytec Front Spacers, swaybar delete Mod, (4) 1" BORA Wheel Spacers, 285/70R17 Goodyear MT/R (originals), hidden Cobra 19DX IV w/ 4' Firestik on a Relentless Mount, custom Sliders, ARB Bumper, Warn VR-8000s w/ Syn. line, custom Tool/Hi-Lift mounts, custom Engine Bay and Winch-area LEDs, csJumper interior LEDs, custom TRD Skull Decal, 10" SeeLite LED light-bar custom mounted in the grille, custom Front & Mid skidplate, Garmin 60CSX GPS w/ RAM mounts....RAN OUT OF
    Thanks man! :thumbsup:

16. theTupper

theTupper White and Nerdy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB Off Road PreRunner
    Looks like a solid setup, but you'll find ecigs just like our trucks. It's never good enough. I started with something like you have planned and since have spent FAR too much money. Haha!

Enjoy!

17. Benson X

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DC/LB
    That's what I'm coming to find out :laugh:

I don't even have one yet, and I've changed my "setup" 4 times in 2 days. :eek:

Thanks for the input!

18. jsi

jsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anybody quit vaping after they quit smoking or is this just substituting one slightly less bad habit for another?

19. evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    I went from a pack a day to 18mg juice puffing on it all the time, eventually down to 6mg and not as frequent. I used to drain two small batterys a day, now one charge will last me 2+ days. I still crave that nicotine fix tho, it is just easy to satisfy now with a few puffs. I know what you mean, still a addiction. The huge difference for me is the amount of money i save. Especially because everytime i stopped at the gas station before work i would buy snacks, drinks, coffee, redbull. Before you know it i was spending $20 a day.

20. jsi

jsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interesting, reading at least part of this thread has given me some insight into what it is all about. I'm not about to start vaping, but I am seeing more and more of it. I wished people wouldn't do it around me, but I guess there's no law saying they can't.

To Top