1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electronic Cigs

Discussion in 'Health' started by WTFaulkner, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jun 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    I really like the vapedudes juice. But they are kind of expensive when compared to mt baker vapor.

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/ That's where i buy all my juice now, they have some good flavors

hawk sauce, solar flare, and thug juice are my favorites they are all menthol flavors green apple, rainbow sherbet, blueberry, spurberry, demon energy are all good and in my rotation

i get all my juices with 3 extra flavor shots. they are weak if you don't get them

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. Jun 20, 2014 at 8:20 PM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    :frusty: I'm buying juice now. :D

i just spent $150 on mods and atty's in the last couple of days.
    Its like truck parts there is always something new and shiny to buy

3. Jun 20, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I bought the thug juice and it tasted like lilacs. It had no menthol flavor.

4. Jun 20, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    that had to be a bad batch or mixed up label. every time i have gotten it i tasted fruity mixed with watermelon and i can definitely tell the menthol is there

5. Jun 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    theTupper

theTupper White and Nerdy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB Off Road PreRunner
    Thugjuice reminds me of cough syrup; blegh! Taste is so subjective - it's hard to make recommendations online. :) I usually find a line with good rep and get a sampler pack for low $$.

6. Jun 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    ive dabbled.

.06% nic level.

first batt was eGo-C
    second and current is iTasteVV 3.0.
    looked at e-vic, but bosses didnt last long so very disappointed.

first tank/atomizer was the chincy one with eGo-C starter. it was OK.
    second was kanger-tech aero tank 2. Fucking amazing hits. however due to poor manufactureing on the coil the seal would prematurely fail after a day. used about a coil a day for two weeks. either at 3.6v the coil would fry, or the smaller seal on the coil would start leaking. also disliked the air flow ring.

third, and current is the Aspire Nautilus at 1.8ohms with 4.0v. so far so good. the best hits yet. two days currently on it and still on first coil. fucking amazing hits. long drawn out, usually hit timer on battery.

local juices ive tried are mediocre.

need to upgrade battery eventually and find a better local source. hesitant to try online without sampling.

edit: you guys are getting into this way more then i am, with mods/batteries/blah/blah/blah i dont even... so just ignore and move along.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. Jun 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    theTupper

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    Okay...lost my allen key for my zenith...anyone happen to know what size it takes?

Damned small, all I know.

P.S. The allen screws on the posts are the only thing I hate about it.

8. Jun 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    theTupper

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    Took it to lowes...got it sussed.

m1.5 in case you want to know. :p

9. Jun 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    HIYota

HIYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Las Vegas, NV originally Kauai, HI
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver 6 spd TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Check my build thread...too much to list.
    Glad you got replacements. My wife pointed out to me that vaping is bad for someone who is obsessed with modifying things :p she caught me looking up wraps for my MVP the other day haha!

10. Jun 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    My favorite plug and play tank, when I'm not dripping, are the iClear 30s. Dual coil, hits like a champ, and they hold more than my previous favorite Protank 2's. They don't leak, and that dual coil puts out great vape. Runs great on the MVP or the VTR (VTR gets higher wattages).

11. Jun 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Taste is definitely subjective to these major factors:

1 - your own taste buds differ from everyone else's
    2 - what your wick is made of
    3 - air flow on your draws
    4 - coil ohmage
    5 - dual or single coil
    6 - voltage/wattage settings
    7 - age of your coils (crud builds up on them over time)

I highly recommend you guys really do the research into making your own juice. You have no idea how cost effective it is once you figure it out. Buying the base ingredients in bulk, I can make my own 30ml bottle for less than $3 out the door. And that's paying retail prices for the supplies. Try coming close to that in any store.

The VG and PG part is easy (you can get good quality stuff by the quart or gallon on Amazon for cheeeeap). Go to www.nudenicotine.com and get your bulk nicotine in 100 mg/ml concentration and cut it down to your desired strength. Flavors are the tough part. I found a good resource for great flavor concentrates at http://www.oneononeflavors.com. Some of the LorAnn's Oils flavors are decent, like the fruits, but their caramels and creams taste a bit synthetic. When I absolutely can't create particular flavors I want, I get the doubler bottles of non-nicotine juice from www.tastyvapor.us and then just add my own nicotine. Lots of times when I order from this guy, I have to cut his juices in half with my own plain VG/PG. Again, it depends on those above 7 factors.

Get some 10ml measuring syringes, some empty bottles, and get the juice basics and start playing around. Some concentrates only take 1-2% flavoring in the entire juice mix, and others can go as high as 20% of your mix to get the flavor strength you want. Store your nicotine in the fridge inside of an opaque box or bottle.

For sweetener, I used to use a few drops of sucralose that I got from Amazon as well. Now that I run a 60% VG blend or higher, the VG has a natural sweetness so I don't even add sucralose anymore.

One last thing.... flavor strengths really are enhanced when you use a big open drip tank on low ohmage. All the flavors I used to vape in my old Protanks I now have to cut in half with raw VG/PG or else the flavor is overpowering. The output of a good drip setup will bring out whole new dimensions of juice flavors, meaning you can use much less flavoring to still get a great taste.

So many variables...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  12. Jun 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    theTupper

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    Definitely is! At least half the reason I like mechs/RDA so much is the fiddling about part of it. I'll rebuild coils I just put in for the sole purpose of rebuilding it. Kanthal manufacturers love me.

13. Jun 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Exactly. Sometimes I just want to sit down and try a new coil style/ohmage/wicking just to learn something new. I like detailed work and tinkering, with the control of mech/rda's, so that's probably why I receded back from variable voltage out-of-the-box setups and went mechanical.

Plus the vape output is insane and flavors take on whole new dimensions.

14. Jul 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM
    theTupper

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle:
    Didn't take me too long to start inching my way lower in regards to Ohms. Just built (and am using) a 24g dual (4 wraps/coil) macro build at .21 ohms. Not SUPER sub-ohming, but I gotta say...

This thing tastes great.

Currently dripping Mr. Miyagi by Alpha Vapor. Mmmmm.

15. Jul 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Good deal. I have some 24g on order, but I'm loving the 26g with a 4 wrap on a 1/8" bit. Dual coil runs right around .35ohms. Nice fat macro coils that hold a ton of cotton. It's my go-to setup.

16. Jul 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    t4r4life

t4r4life poptard and protein farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    Anybody here have allergic reaction to PG? i get tight airways and excessive mucus when i vap PG/VG mix

17. Jul 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    HIYota

HIYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Las Vegas, NV originally Kauai, HI
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver 6 spd TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Check my build thread...too much to list.
    Have you tried vaping a straight up VG mix yet to determine if that is the problem? Or maybe the flavor may be the issue?

18. Jul 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    Seabass

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Always a possibility that you could be reacting to any of the base ingredients OR the flavoring. Like mentioned above, try a 100% VG blend first and go from there. If you still have airway issues, try 100% PG. If that's still an issue, try a different flavor, etc etc. Flavorings have all kinds of things in them because they are chemically engineered PLUS they are suspended in different types of bases. Some have alcohol, diacetyl, PG and/or VG or a blend, and the list goes on.

Maybe it's just your body's reaction to vaping in general. Do you have a history of asthma with yourself/family and maybe vaping is a trigger?

19. Jul 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM
    t4r4life

t4r4life poptard and protein farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    use to get bronchitis every year when i smoked cigs and the good stuff.

20. Jul 16, 2014 at 6:11 AM
    SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    Finally graduated to a rebuildable setup with a mechanical mod.

- 4nine Mod Clone by Infinite
    - Kayfun Lite Pluse v2 by EHPRO (Copper)

I have it set up with a micro coil, 6 wraps of 26ga kanthal. So far it's a great setup that produces awesome flavor and decent vapor.

I went with the Kafun since I needed something that was robust and pocketable.

[​IMG]

To Top