1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Elevation Training Mask

Discussion in 'Health' started by greenguy3, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Nov 26, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    greenguy3

greenguy3 [OP] BOOM goes the dynamite!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Dirty A$$ TRD
    Mud and dirt
    Has any one tried incorporating an elevation training mask into their workout like the one linked below?
    http://www.trainingmask.com/products/TRAINING-MASK-2.0.html
    I'm really thinking about getting one and trying it out and seeing where it takes me.

Pros/cons if anyone has tried it...other than "holy shit it's hard to breathe!"

2. Nov 29, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Never tried one but I'd imagine you'd need to wear it for more time than just during a workout to get optimal results.

3. Nov 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    Toy Yoda

Toy Yoda gotta make sure Youtube comes down to tape this

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    OME, ARB, Warn, Snugtop XV
    i saw something about this on fb, looks like a good system if you live down south, people in colorado probably don't need this haha

4. Dec 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Davidd

Davidd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Truck Built by DMZ
    There are no actual studies done that show the affects of this masks. Technically all altitude training has been done on endurance athletes (runners, cyclist etc.) and has shown benefits for them because they train for long periods and the studies are done for a lengthy time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16338719

That study above is the closest study to interval training with altitude. 1 group was focused training at sea level while the other was 2750m above sea level in a simulated chamber.
    At the end of 4 weeks there was no difference in v02s.

I would not purchase until i see a study from the mask itself.

my .02 cents

5. Mar 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    Longo118

Longo118 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4
    -OME Lift w/ Dakar leafs -Wheels + Tires -All Pro IFS skid -4xInnovations Sliders -Tool box, hi-lift, shovel mount and a few others
    I could not side with you more on this. Im going to try and not make this post long and dragged out but long story short, the mask is supposed to be a quick and easy way to clone the results from either blood doping, or elevation training. Both options have the same exact effect on the body. It allows your body to make extra red blood cells (which recovers and nourishes muscles) at an alarming rate. The mask has brought tons of controversy to the fitness and health world about whether it works or not. Im a personal trainer, Strength Athlete and I own my own sports performance gym and ive seen the mask come and go with all types of athletes and fitness enthusiasts and I honestly believe it does not give the results it offers. Although, I do believe it does benefit athletes but in much different ways.

If you are looking for a legal effective way to reproduce red blood cells you can either train at high altitudes (colorado) or look into a hyperbaric chamber, they are extremely expensive for personal possession but many gyms across the nation actually have them for their clients. Hope I was some sort of help!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top