1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Emblem colour options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ouyin2000, Nov 25, 2010.

?

What colour?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2010.
  1. Leave chrome

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Black

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Mag Grey colourmatch

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Blue

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Red

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. White

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    So I just purchased 4 of these emblems. I like that they are each individual pieces, rather than all one big piece of chrome.

Should I leave them chrome or paint them? I have a Mag Grey truck. If I paint, I would make the 'slash' Red/White like it's supposed to be, but what colour for the letters? If chrome, it would all be chrome.

Also, what locations should I put them? I was thinkingeither Front and Back, or both sides. Not all 4. If I put on the front, it would probably look better on a satoshi grille.

[​IMG]

2. Nov 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    bonnieblktrk

bonnieblktrk Member

Member:
    Southwest Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Just got it.
    Hitch and Bed Tonneaue
    I have stock steel wheels I painted black with the Spiderex spacers that are anodized blue and I powder coated the lugs with some transparent blue that looks like candy apple. Looks kind of good. Thought about spraying candy blue on some of the emblems that I am leaving on. But may appear too "ricer".

P1050347.jpg
    P1050339.jpg
    P1050341.jpg

3. Nov 25, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    I'm thinking of doing some debadging. If I opt for the TRD on the sides, I would replace the Tacoma badge. If on the back, I would replace the Toyota Tacoma badge

4. Dec 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Factory Monster Truck Package with reverse gear.
    Night Shade it. I took off my toyota emblem when I satoshid it and night shaded it and glued the emblem to the drivers side bottom corner of my rear window. 3D sticker :)

5. Dec 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    jeeezy

jeeezy jeeezy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Timmins
    Vehicle:
    07 dbc long box speedway blue
    custom cold air intake 4 inch tubing, MBRP dual catback exhaust, readylift leveling kit with 265/75-17 on eagle alloy rims
    they would look nice black though to

To Top