1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Emergency Shovel and Axe

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NewtoTacoma, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Oct 17, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    Wicked 2007

Wicked 2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper
    where did you get that aluminum tube mount for the quick fists?

**EDIT**

I googled and found my answer:

http://fourtreks.com/roll_bar.html

2. Oct 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    bridaw

bridaw The light was yellow, Sir.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal, East San Diego County
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 6-speed TRD OR 4x4 tow debadged
    tailgate hose clamp/washer mod ,disable seatbelt warning ,dealer tinted windows ,running boards ,DiamondBack SE bed cover ,OEM rubber bed mat ,TRD Japan shift knob ,bed rail corner reinforcement with angle brackets+square nuts ,Armor Tech Offroad mount for 60" highlift jack ,Scangauge II ,OEM roof rack ,BajaRack basket ,WeatherTech dark tint window deflectors ,removed mud flaps ,debadged ,stubby antenna ,D-rings - 4 in bed floor + 8 on the side rails ,cut four D-ring slots in bedmat ,secured ActionPacker 48 gal cargo box to bed ,center console lock ,relocated 7 pin harness ,Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite hood supports ,Pop & Lock PL5300 tailgate lock ,RAM A-pillar mounts for GPS and Drift HD170 camera ,RAM mounts on bajarack for Drift HD170 exterior shots ,relocated rear differential breather ,headrest iPad mount ,ImMrYo rear view mirror lift ,Panavise Indash mount ,265/75/16 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO on TKO black rims ,installed front and rear WeatherTechTacoma DigitalFit FloorLiners ,replaced interior/external lights with Jumpers LEDs +switchback mod +under hood light ,installed rcbs204 Illuminated 4x4 Switch ,installed left and right Relentless Off-road Fabrication hood hinge light mounts ,installed KB Voodoo's Powder Coated Tailgate Cap System ,installed front and rear Wet Okole seat covers ,made and installed mount for Trail Toys NSA Switch Panel ,did ND4's Fog Light Anytime Mod
    I carry the Hi-Lift Handle-All Multi-Purpose Tool (HA-500). No need to mount. Very easy to carry the tools. I've been using this kit for almost two years and it has served me well. :thumbsup:

The full sized shovel, axe, sledge hammer and pickaxe/hoe heads are solid. They all store in the provided bag with room for spare items (gloves, extra pin clips). The kit stays secure in my bed under cover out of the elements instead of mounted on my BajaRack. The telescoping metal handle can be shortened for use in tight situations where you can't use a full length handle.

3. Oct 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    I love google... :woot:

I also had the hi-lift fourtreks mounts too... keep an eye on fjcruiserforums.com for used ones... they come up for sale over there more often than here. :)

4. Oct 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    4ST EYES

4ST EYES New Member

Member:
    sault ste marie, ontario
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD off road
    First post but here goes. I carry a chainsaw and a good spade and a jack-all. No use messing around, when there is a job to do you need good tools. I worked in the bush for years and rarely had to get pulled out.

5. Oct 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    I used to have one like this! Now you have me searching vintage axes! Thx

6. Oct 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    I have a hatchet in the cubby with my jack and a folding shovel with a bunch of other stuff in a rubbermaid tub in the bed for everyday carry. If I'm heading into the toolies, I load up a real shovel along with a splitting maul and other goodies.

7. Oct 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    badger

badger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    They made a million of them, but many are badly abused. Most will clean up though. You can still find them for next to nothing, although there are people out there collecting all this stuff. The old heads are the best. The head on mine is damn hard steel. The authentic Collins axes were produced through 1966. Most of the axes produced today are not even ground properly to cut with, much less made of good steel.

8. Oct 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    This is how I mounted my shovel to the bed side rails. I used the T-nuts noted below. I think I have 4 of the vinyl covered hooks laying around, same as the ones pictured. $2 bucks each plus shipping if interested.

[​IMG]

I also have four each case hardened black oxide steel partial thread T-slot nuts. These are the perfect fit for our bed rails. Bolt size is 3/8-16, I went with the partial thread as I didn't want the bolt damaging the rail if it was to long. I will include one 3/8-16 x 5/8" hex flange head cap screw with each T-nut. $4.50 each shipped.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top