1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

enclosed sub install, pops when radio turns on

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by auburn taco, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 21, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    auburn taco

auburn taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    auburn
    Vehicle:
    10 prerunner
    I have a pioneer 3200 dvd headunit. I just installed a crutchfield enclosed woofer behind the back seat of my double cab. I hooked the remote turn on lead to the remote wire of the radio. So when my radio turns on I get a bit of a pop. Crutchfield says to connect the remote lead to the switched power lead on the radio.

Before I take out the headunit I want some input. Could the pioneer headunit remote lead be putting out too much current for amp turn on. That is Crutchfields thought. I would hate to pullout the headunit and find out the issue is still there.

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Its real common. They make an inline device to delay turn on to eliminate pop.

3. Aug 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    auburn taco

auburn taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    auburn
    Vehicle:
    10 prerunner
    ok I switched from the Pioneer remote lead to a switched wire. Same pop this time when I turn the key. Crutchfield said that I may need a ground loop isolator for the RCA's. I did run the remote wire with the RCA's they say that could be a problem. Cheap RCA's is what they said, even though I got them form C. Does that make sense? As a test I am running a second turn on lead as a test disconnecting the original. ( edit running a separate turn on wire away from the RCA's made no difference).

Finally, the amp is warm to the touch all the time unless I disconnect the negative lead on the battery. C. says that is normal, current is running through the amp all the time. Would this not drain the battery?

To Top