1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine starts but stops immediately

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by DTaCo, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Nov 28, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    DTaCo

DTaCo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma manual 4x4 V6
    6" Drop Bracket Suspension Lift with coil spacers and a 1" body lift. Trailmaster add-a-leaf in in the back with a 3" block.
    I changed the plugs, wires, fuel filter, and cleaned the MAF. Now when I try to turn it over it starts and runs for about 1-2 seconds and then stops. The fuel filter is on correctly I actually put the old one back on. I also gapped the plugs and removed and replaced them twice. I reset the EFI fuse and disconnected the battery. I am at a complete loss but feel like it should be an easy fix. If I cant get it fixed by tomorrow I will be forced to bring it somewhere please help. Thanks.

I also changed out the PCV valve if that has anything to do with it.

2. Nov 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    hucker

hucker Member

Member:
    boise
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner
    Big air repair custom bumper Magnaflow cat back Airraid Spacer Spectre intake Hood Spikes
    I swapped plugs and wires yesterday and I had my intake off so I could put a quick shot of seafoam through the fuel controller, my truck would start and then die, it was because the MAF was not connected to the fuel controller. Might be something to do with that? Make sure you wires are hooked up right also

To Top