1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engineered Ink Clothing Question

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by ecr6cyl10, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Jul 10, 2011 at 4:35 PM
    ecr6cyl10

ecr6cyl10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner Dble Cab Offorad
    Defiant Light bar with 12" LED light bar and 2 Rigid dually floods. 3" Icon lift in the front with TC UCA's and 1.5" add a leaf in the rear [url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/198098/cat/500][img]http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/My_Truck54.jpg[/img][/url]
    What would make you guys want to buy shirt? What can we do better to earn your business? Is the check out process the problem or is it the pricing? www.engineeredink.com I also would like to know how to be come a vendor to post stuff and not uses my personal account?

2. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
    Sometimes less is more...

3. Jul 12, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Just my 2 cents here. What is Engineered Ink? I mean is it just the name of the company or does it mean anything? On your website it says tattoo desgined shirts (or something similar) but I see very few tattoo's and a lot of Engineered Ink. To me, a cool design is a lot better than your company name unless your company name is well known (ie Fox snowboarding). Also, Hanes t-shirts? I prefer a more heavier t-shirt IMO.

By no means do I mean disrespect. Just some observations. The price point is good, but I am not wearing a hanes shirt for free advertising. Which is how it almost looks. I would focus on a quality made shirt and a few cool designs and go from there. Minimize the Engineered Ink all over the shirt.

4. Jul 12, 2011 at 6:02 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    pricing doesn't look bad but engineered ink means nothing to me, honestly. It's not a name brand company or anything that i recognize. Make me up some shirts for JSEnclosures and i'll buy a bunch though. Also you could probably gain a lot of success here if you make some tacoma designed shirts or off road designed shirts

5. Jul 12, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    No offense but I've never heard of your company and the designs aren't my style. For the designs you have, it looks like you're shooting for a particular customer. Find out who your designs appeal to, for example if it's snowboarders, go sell at events that draw them in (sno fests for example). In short, you need a fan base! Good luck with the advertising!

6. Jul 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    ecr6cyl10

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Defiant Light bar with 12" LED light bar and 2 Rigid dually floods. 3" Icon lift in the front with TC UCA's and 1.5" add a leaf in the rear [url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/198098/cat/500][img]http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/My_Truck54.jpg[/img][/url]
    I want to thank you all for your input, it means alot to get feed back from people other than my close friends. I will work on keeping simple designs and also some offroad designs.

7. Jul 12, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    If tattoo designs are your thing, put them on the shirt with your logo somewhere. The design is what sells, not the company who makes them. Best of luck!

8. Jul 16, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    ecr6cyl10

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
  9. Jul 16, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    way to busy on the front.

It would be cool, but probably impractical of you to allow users to send a favorite picture and put that on a shirt for them..

10. Jul 16, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Lenoir, NC
    Vehicle:
    '07 Indigo Ink Off Road
    Supercharger
    One thing I would work on would be the pictures. Try having someone put the shirts on and PhotoShop them out of it. Have a solid contrasting background so the shirts stand out better. That would help make the website look more professional.

Edit: I actually ordered the white eagle rib shirt

11. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS RAT Products

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sierra Denali
    Ed Hardy made tattoo shirts work, so do stuff like that. It's about the pics on the shirts. Pick a theme (ie. skulls, sketchy clowns) and work off it. Your name on shirts would be for a customer that just got a tattoo.

12. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    Dirty5Thirty

Dirty5Thirty TW's BAD MF'er Squad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner SR5
    Dog hair
    Basic designs with few words are the core concept. If you were to get a solid outlne of just a truck, with no background, it'd be best.

Basically, keep the design simple without blowing up the clothing with your logo/brand name.

13. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    08' Tacoma 5-spd Blacked Out
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    Dude if you just threw up a shot of a tacoma directly from the front, on the front of the shirt and on the back of the shirt a shot of the back of the truck that would be simple enough and pretty slick....or a tacoma flexing but thats it no crazy shit with it lol..make a shirt for TW and lets see it 10-15$ and id rock it def not 21 though......and putting a minimum quantity on how many you can buy sucks IMO...best of luck

14. Jul 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    ecr6cyl10

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for your guys input, I think you guys all have great ideas. I am working on new stuff this week. I am making this week Tacomaworld deal week if you guys pm me I will sell any shirt for $10 and a hat for $15. I will send you guys a paypal payment link and I will ship them USPS First class. http://www.engineeredink.com/apps/webstore/

15. Jul 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    also i love shirts that have the design on the back and nothing or something small and very simple on the center front or one side of the front ....just my 2cents...shirts with pics on front also get hot in the sun..

16. Jul 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    Dirty5Thirty

Dirty5Thirty TW's BAD MF'er Squad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner SR5
    Dog hair
    Just looked through your site again, your Eagle eye rib shirt is right on target. simple design. Snuck your company name in on the back.

but not every shirt should be simple either. haha

confusing, i know.

17. Jul 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    O.K. not sure if you're still looking for constructive feedback but I just took a look at your website and here are a few observations I found.

1.) First and foremost, as everyone else mentioned, what IS Engineered Ink? Is it a Tattoo shop, a clothing company, a Tattoo shop that owns a clothing company, a government contractor that manufactures high performance ink for use in Space Pens for the astronauts??? Nobody has heard of the brand and because of this nobody knows what it is including myself until I read your About Us page. Not sure exactly how to remedy this other than grassroot marketing and events to get your name out. Really there is no quick solution to this.

2.) Not everyone including myself wants a huge logo of a company across our chest. Sure you want to promote your brand, but I can assure you a cool shirt with a classic and simple design will sell more than one with a huge company logo splattered about the shirt. Which brings me to #3.

3.) The designs. While I appreciate the artwork and design of the shirts, not everyone is going to want to wear a shirt that screams I'm a Douche Bag. How about some simple designs with block lettering?

Overall I do like a few of the shirts, but not enough to actually want to take the time to purchase one. I think with a few slight improvements to the designs and website you'll be successful. Best of luck to you and your business.

-Dave

18. Jul 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    ecr6cyl10

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I want to thank you guys for the feed back, I want to give you guys a deal on a shirt, $10 for any shirt and free shipping just pm me and I will send you a paypal req. www.egnineeredink.com Also $15 for a hat with free shipping.

19. Jul 25, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    damnitzryan

damnitzryan Adamantium Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    02 3.4L PreRunner SR5
    You really need some better quality pictures. When enlarged, most of the pictures are very grainy, and it doesn't look professional. It would be good to have a consistant backdrop for the pictures as well.

20. Aug 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    ecr6cyl10

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I am getting new pictures up very soon and working on new shirt ideas without using the company name as the focal point. www.engineeredink.com

To Top