1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Enkei 20" BFFT2 Wheel Fitment

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ToyoMike, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    ToyoMike

ToyoMike [OP] New Member

Member:
    Eastern North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma V6 PreRunner Limited TRD Pkg
    20" Foose Heat Wheels, Rhino Liner, Under Cover Lid, Debadged
    I own a 2004 Tacoma and am having to change wheels. I am currently running 20" X 8.5" Foose Heat wheels with 265/50 X 20 tires, but want to install a set of the 20" Enkei BFFT2 wheels available with some of the Toyota XSP packages for 4Runners and Tacomas. One problem that I have run into is that this wheel is available only through Toyota. The next problem is that the Toyota "Fitment" guide doesn't list that wheel as fitting a 2004 model, just 2005 and up and since they sell them by VIN, and my VIN would not be listed as a vehicle they would fit, they won't even sell me a set. Also, they couldn't tell me why they were not listed as fitting or provide me any additional specs on the wheel, like center bore, etc... The 20's I'm running fit nicely with no issues at all and are the same size and offset as the Enkei wheels. Does anyone know of any issues with the Enkei wheel fitting a 2004 Tacoma?

2. Dec 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    if the wheel is factory designed for a second gen taco, they are likely in the stock backspace configuration, which is more than the first gen...

your stock backspace is 4.5" and in a 20" wheel, you will likely need to run 4.25" or 4" backspace to clear the body and frame...

the second gen taco wheels sit a bit further in as their backspace is around 5" or more, so that's why they won't sell you the wheel, and if you can get them to bend the rules, they likely won't let you return the wheels...

if the Enkei is a 20x9 then i estimate there is a possibility that the backspace might be 4.5" but even then, at 9" width, they might stick out far enough to end up rubbing on the front part of the front fender, and the pinch weld...

at almost $300 per wheel, that's a pretty big risk to take... even Enkei's comparable wheel, the RT6 in 20x9 is a 5.5" backspace...

if you are still deadset on trying them out, google the wheels and see if anybody selling them used on the other toyota forums...

or look for a toyota dealership that sells online and doesn't require a vin...

3. Dec 7, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    ToyoMike

ToyoMike [OP] New Member

Member:
    Eastern North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma V6 PreRunner Limited TRD Pkg
    20" Foose Heat Wheels, Rhino Liner, Under Cover Lid, Debadged
    Thanks for the insight Mike. Not knowing the offset or backspacing of the Enkei wheel causes a bit of a problem, so if anyone knows those specs I would be very greatful. Additionally, I measured the Foose wheels I have been running for a few years now, which are 20 X 8.5 with 265/50R20 Goodyears and the backspacing of that wheel actually measures 5-3/8" from the inside of the hub face to the inner most lip of the wheel. I can't imagine the Enkei wheel would be more than that. I also mounted a set of Black Rhino 20 X 9 wheels that I had bought for our 4Runner on the Tacoma and they actually fit without any clearance issues as well, but didn't look near as good as the Foose wheels. I appreciate any knowledge or insight anyone has to share. Thanks.

To Top