1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by elytravis, May 1, 2012.

1. Sep 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    elytravis

elytravis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.

Go to https://www.myentune.com/login.jsp and just input your pandora username and password. When you use the system through entune it will use that username and password so you can access your station lists and normal pandora usage. One of the biggest benefits is the sound quality and no commercials when you use it through entune rather than streaming simply from your phone.

2. Sep 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    Fivespeed

Fivespeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Offroad w/ Entune
    No commercials and better sound quality!? Awesome! And I was about to upgrade to the premium Pandora. I've been using Spotify but the gf likes her Pandora when we're on road trips. Gotta satisfy her :cool:

Thanks!

3. Sep 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    I pay the $30/year to pandora, it's worth it to me. I use the app on my computer at home all the time too so i get more skips and no commercials.

4. Sep 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    alegav

alegav TeamBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD T|X Baja
    Pelfreybilt IFS Skid, Mid Skid and Plate Bumper, Rigid Industries Dually's, ARB CKMA12 On Board Air, Kenwood TM-281A Radio, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Wheelers SuperBumps, Toytec Baja Spacer
    I get no commercials and unlimited skips and I don't pay a dime :)

5. Sep 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Fivespeed

Fivespeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Offroad w/ Entune
    I just found that "tip" via APK file download with torrents. However that only works when streaming through Android, correct?

6. Sep 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    dapetik

dapetik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Barboursville, Va
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Magic bedcover, sweet ass floormats, rocket boosters, warp drive
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed. Is there a way to adjust the volume of the radio and the Bluetooth separately? On my bmw whatever you adjusted the volume to while on a call, when you hung up, it would go back to whatever you left the volume on the radio. And if you got another call, it would go to whatever you left the call volume out. The way my entune is, when I get off a call it blasts me out bc it's so loud.

7. Sep 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    elytravis

elytravis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    Great news!!! Email from Toyota. I thought this would happen and I'm glad it did.

Dear Travis Whitton,

We hope you are enjoying your Toyota and your Toyota Entune® App Suite service. Entune App Suite was designed to make your driving experience more enjoyable by providing in-vehicle access to popular mobile applications like BingTM, Pandora® and iHeartRadio.

We are pleased that so many of our valued customers are enjoying Entune App Suite. As a result, Toyota is proud to announce that Entune App Suite service is now included with your vehicle, at no additional or annual charge, compliments of Toyota.[1] Please note that expiration dates identified on some websites and printed materials have yet to be updated. Be assured, your service will not be affected.

If you have not had the chance to activate your Entune App Suite, please take this opportunity to visit myentune.com or use the convenient mobile App (available for download on iPhone® [2] or AndroidTM [3] smartphone devices) to register and take advantage of this complimentary service.

Thank you for being a loyal Toyota customer, and we hope you continue to enjoy your Toyota Entune App Suite service.

Sincerely,
    Toyota Entune Customer Support

8. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    I got that same e-mail. I posted somewhere on this forum not too long ago that there was no Toyota would ever charge us for this. Guess I was right!

9. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Mine is separate. Maybe you need the software update. I have my call volume pretty much maxed out because its kind of quiet and when I hang up it goes back to my music volume. I would take it to your dealer if it's not working right.

10. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:28 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    so how do the apps work? does it use your cell phone data plan? is this why you need to download the app for your phone?

11. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:45 AM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Yep, that is how it works.

12. Sep 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    alegav

alegav TeamBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD T|X Baja
    Pelfreybilt IFS Skid, Mid Skid and Plate Bumper, Rigid Industries Dually's, ARB CKMA12 On Board Air, Kenwood TM-281A Radio, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Wheelers SuperBumps, Toytec Baja Spacer
    Check out add block plus for Chrome and Firefox
    I got this email too but I was a bit confused cause I don't pay for anything now... Am I missing something? Or is it free for X years because I bought a new vehicle?

13. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    sonic77

sonic77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Peoria IL.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Magnetic Grey 4x4 TRD
    None Yet!
    The service was only supposed to be free for 3 years then it would of been $9.00 a month I was very happy to get this letter as well

14. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    alegav

alegav TeamBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD T|X Baja
    Thanks, so I am still within that 3 years but now its free so YAY!!!. Appreciate the clarification.

Thanks,

Alex

15. Sep 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    GeoBruin

GeoBruin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    White 2014 Double Cab TRD Off Road
    So I just picked up my 2014 Super White Double Cab TRD Off Road last weekend. This weekend, I tried to register on the My Entune site and it's giving me an error, telling me my VIN is invalid. I've checked and re-checked to make sure I'm entering it right. Is it possible that the truck is so new that the VIN is somehow not in the system yet?

Other possible issues?

16. Sep 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    sonic77

sonic77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Peoria IL.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Magnetic Grey 4x4 TRD
    None Yet!
    Is it possible that there is a o in your vin and you entered it as a zero or vice versa? Did you try all caps also? I Never had any issues with mine

17. Sep 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    GeoBruin

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    I've tried it several times and even copied it from the Toyota.com/owners site. When I try poking around the site and the Toyota site I can't even select 2014 for the model year in some cases. This leads me to believe they just haven't updated everything for the 2014s yet.

18. Sep 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    DavisBladeWorks

DavisBladeWorks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    North ATL
    Vehicle:
    2013 DSCB TRD Sport 4x4
    There are no letter Os in VIN numbers. Only zeros.

19. Sep 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    ard324

ard324 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2014 with "Entune Plus". I experienced the exact same problem. Called the help phone number and gave them my VIN and info. They explained that Entune Plus does not have the features that use the website, therefore there is no need to log in or make an account. Basically, if you have Entune Plus, you have what you have in the truck, no additional apps or things.

20. Sep 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    GeoBruin

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    What is entune plus and how do I know if I have it?

Products Discussed in

To Top