1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune Issues, Tips, Tricks, Updates Lets hear them

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by elytravis, May 1, 2012.

1. Mar 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    Fivespeed

Fivespeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Offroad w/ Entune
    How do I get bluetooth music to show up on my Entune? It's always just shown "unknown artist, unknown song", etc

2. Apr 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    billinwoodland

billinwoodland Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    N. Cal
    OK, thanks. The reason for the question is that there are cars, like BMWs, that have a cell antenna wired into the shark fin. I was not sure how Toyota engineered that end.

3. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    welterbf123

welterbf123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    12voltsolutions.com plug-n-play remote start system. OVTuned OEM Bed lights Underhood and footwell lights Garmin dash-cam Weathertech side vents, bug shield, mud flaps and floor mats Extang Encore tonnau cover OME BP51 Suspension Front & Back / Dakar Leaf Springs Light Racing UCA's XD Holeshot 17" x 9" Wheels Nitto Trail Grapplers 265/70/R17 TRD Pro Grille Raptor Lights iJDMToy 30" LED Hidden Bar Light Toyota Bed Step
    I think you go into settings and enable the music feature...

4. Apr 2, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    KMitch

KMitch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Off Road
    So I'll pose this issue here though I don't think it is the fault of Entune.

Recently switched to Allstate insurance and one of their discounts is to plug in their drivewise device (don't get me started on that one) to the OBD port. Plugged it in yesterday before leaving for work; no problems to or from work. On my way in this morning, entune did a reboot (i.e. completely shut off and back on again after about 30 seconds) twice in about 5 minutes. My thinking is the device is messing with it as I've read that those things can sometimes mess with the electronics. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar.

5. Apr 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    TxFireman

TxFireman Factory Pilot

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC-SB TRD-OR, tow package, entune/nav
    As you probably found out, without the app, you just run Pandora straight from your phone. If i pull up youtube I can play songs from it to my radio the same way. If it's a volume issue you need to adjust the volume on your phone and not the radio. Turn the phone volume way up and then adjust the radio volume to where you want it.

6. Apr 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    grhopper

grhopper Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport
    I used the Progressive Snapshot device for 6 months with no problem. Also, have had an Ultragauge plugged in for probably a year and a half with no issues.

7. Apr 5, 2014 at 3:53 AM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    I have a 14 with the entune plus non nav radio. It seems to be working fine and I love that it reads texts

I was told there is a quick reply feature so I can send a message back but can't seem to find it

8. Apr 5, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    weendoggy

weendoggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aptos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD ACOR 4x4
    Access Original Tonneau Cover; Toyota Side Tube Steps; Focal ISS690 front speakers; Clarion XC1410 mini amp; Gentex 453 rearview mirror with Homelink, Compass, Temp and Autodim; Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller, Heated Seats from www.cobraheat.com, BriteAss Fogs, Phillips Extreme LED H/L. Heated mirrors from @Up2NoGood. 5100 Bilstein all four corners.
    I've done this once and can't remember if it comes up with an option after the message has been read or if I had to press some sort of respond button on the screen. In any case, it shows about 5 "canned" phrases you can select and then hit reply/respond. You can check out this site http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM35A38U/pdf/sec_3-2.pdf and go to page 324-327 for added information.

9. Apr 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    Thanks for the info, I will check that out after I get off work

10. Apr 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    Jefes Taco

Jefes Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14' DCLB TRD Sport supercharged
    My Entune plus non nav works fantastic. Except I tried to send one of the pre-selected texts and it wouldn't send it. Some sort of "it didn't work. Try again?" messages. Everything worked great up to that point though. I have received messages. And they read back fine except I think it's limited to X amount of characters. One text was cut short but, it was a longer text than normal.

Pandora works great. Even displays artist images like the HD radio and XM. I tried a scanner app and it worked really well. It displayed some info. What was really cool was that this channel has two feeds and it played out one feed on the right side and the other feed on the left side. Makes it very easy to follow both feeds at once.

11. Apr 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    luvium

luvium Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB 4x4 TRD Offroad M.G
    Trimmed front flaps Extra D rings
    Close the entune app, restart your i phone, un pair and re pair the i phone to the truck. I have had a few issues and this always fixes them. Someone might have a different fix if this doesn't work.
    Good luck

12. Apr 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    918LOBO

918LOBO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr.
    Maricopa County, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Offroad 4x4
    I recently got the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the phone will not connect at all via Bluetooth. Anyone else have this issue or has anyone successfully linked an S5 via Bluetooth?

Thx.

13. Apr 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    luvium

luvium Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB 4x4 TRD Offroad M.G
    Trimmed front flaps Extra D rings
    There is a ios 7 update issued today, it might have a fix in it? Try it after you update your phone, sounds like your phone is the issue seeing the other phones work.

14. Apr 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    Yakoma

Yakoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    ATL-ish
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 - White
    Black APS Bull Bar Black Westin Step Bars Black ARE camper top with Yakima J-cradles (replaced Roll-X Tonneau) Black AMP HD Bed Extender
    The other day I noticed I had multiple identities on the truck for the same phone (Randy's iPhone 1, Randy's iPhone 2, etc). It was causing pairing issues. I deleted all existing identities and then re-paired with the phone. Everything began working as expected after that.

15. Apr 23, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    Yakoma

Yakoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    ATL-ish
    Vehicle:
    Black APS Bull Bar Black Westin Step Bars Black ARE camper top with Yakima J-cradles (replaced Roll-X Tonneau) Black AMP HD Bed Extender
    How about a control case? Can you pair your phone with other cars or devices and get that to work? Should help isolate to a phone or car issue.

16. Apr 24, 2014 at 5:04 AM
    elytravis

elytravis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    I have been searching for a GPS navigation DVD update to find a discount but all the sites show camry and lexus stuff. It's probably the same DVD but does anybody know the part number. I have a 2012 and realize some of the maps aren't correct with the nav function through the Bing app when searching for addresses. The DVD's are anywhere from $160-$180 from the dealer and I would prefer not to pay that if I could get a DVD on eBay that is current and cheaper. Any insight? I have an appointment Saturday for routine maintenance and was going to have them update that too if I can't find a better solution. Thanks for any help.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  17. Apr 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    Yakoma

Yakoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    ATL-ish
    Vehicle:
    If you can pair with other BT devices (headset, speaker, etc) fine, then it looks like you've isolated to the truck. I wish I could give you better advice, but it may require a trip to the dealer to resolve. Besides doing a hard reboot of your truck (disconnect battery and reset), I don't know what to tell you. Looks like Toyota may have some 'splainin' to do.

18. Apr 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    elytravis

elytravis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    So far it seems that I'm the only one that cares, but I have been doing some research on the Nav map update for the GPS and got a part number from the dealer. (PT725-00123) which appears to be an SD card and not a disc. This would explain why I can not find the Map DVD that other Toyota vehicles have. So far in my search the price ranges from $173-$190 but I was informed that the new year of updates isn't updated until around September just like the DVD updates. With the SD card I wonder if we would be able to "share" the info like we have the Entune updates. I will wait until the new 2014 map update is available in September and see what I can come up with.

19. Apr 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    Fivespeed

Fivespeed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Offroad w/ Entune
    Appreciate you looking into this. I am following along as I am interested as well, just not sure where to look.

20. Apr 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    TxFireman

TxFireman Factory Pilot

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC-SB TRD-OR, tow package, entune/nav
    Good info, and thanks for sharing. It is something we're all going to need sooner or later. GM would send out new dvd for my wife's nav for the first 3 years and after that we were on our own. With so many new roads coming in around my house I'm going to need something when it's available.

Products Discussed in

To Top