1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune playing music by folder not by embedded artist info

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Androwski, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Feb 24, 2017 at 1:21 PM
    Androwski

Androwski [OP] Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport Black
    Little stuff. Nothing special.
    I'm running into an issue when I put all my music onto my USB drive and load it into my 2017 Tacoma. The problem is when searching for music by artist. I have every artist in its own folder. Then albums are listed in their own folder inside the artist folder. Yet when searching by artist it has new artist added that might have been featured on a song. So instead of the lets say 100 artist folders i have loaded on the usb drive there is 150 artist to choose from on the entune interface. People I've never even heard of. Its very annoying sifting threw all the artist I don't even know.

Its strange how toyota made it really complicated to search for music while driving yet you're allowed to do so while driving. But you can't open your phone contacts and go right to the person you want to call while driving. Searching for music is way more dangerous than selecting the contact you want.

Anyway, anyone know a fix for getting entune to display your music properly?

2. Feb 24, 2017 at 2:00 PM
    fdbyrne

fdbyrne Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road (Manual), 2004 4RUNNER V6 4x4
    There is no fix for that. The head unit reads the song data in the same way that most modern phones do... by meta tags.

Most legitimately ripped CDs or downloaded songs come with correct meta tags, but you'll have to go back and add them for all of the less legitimate stuff. It took me a very long time.

Androwski[OP] likes this.
  3. Feb 24, 2017 at 8:59 PM
    Androwski

Androwski [OP] Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    I downloaded a program that allows me to change the data embedded in each track. I definitely found errors in some of the album's. I'll test it out first thing tomorrow.

4. Feb 25, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    Androwski

Androwski [OP] Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    Renaming files has helped. I need to tweak a few things but otherwise I'm good to go! Now I need to do my entire music catalog.

5. Feb 25, 2017 at 10:23 AM
    Tharris242

Tharris242 Technically

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR DCSB 4X4 A/T FP TO BL
    Solid Fold 2.0, Air Dam
    It goes by what Windows Media Player calls contributing artist. If a track has a featured artist or was a remake it will usually have multiple names.

You can fix those with WMP, etc. Display all tracks by artist, highlight problem/all tracks, edit the contributing artist attribute.

The genre tags are pretty bad, too.

Androwski[OP] likes this.
  6. Feb 25, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    chucklefunkk

chucklefunkk Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR
    I copied my iTunes folder to a usb and had the same issue. There were several compilations and a folder with 'various artists'. Erased those from the usb and everything seems ok now.

Products Discussed in

To Top